Shrimp and Linguini Olio
I received a sample of Pompeian Extra Virgin Olive Oil. What a wonderful product to work with, we use a lot of olive oil in this household and we are very familiar with a good quality product. This one fits the bill.
Full robust flavor with a smooth finish. I have had olive oils that are bitter and this one has none of that. This is great olive oil that can be used in cooking but would also make a magnificent salad dressing, versatile olive oil and that is what I prefer to work with.
In receiving this great olive oil I wanted to create a dish and this Shrimp and Linguini Olio lets the olive oil shine through. This pasta was fantastic and has all the flavors and fullness of any restaurant-quality meal.
You will love how this olive oil adds the perfect balance to this wonderful meal. Enjoy!!
Follow Pompeian on Facebook for coupons, recipes and more!
- 1 lb. jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- Kosher salt to taste
- 2 Tbsp. Pompeian olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 1/2 green pepper, diced
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1/4 cup Pompeian olive oil
- 2 oz. tin anchovy fillets
- 6 large garlic cloves
- 1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup parsley, finely chopped
- Kosher salt
- 1 lb. linguini, cooked al dente
- Parsley for garnish
- In a medium bowl, toss shrimp with lemon juice, 1/4 cup parsley, crushed red pepper, garlic, salt, and olive oil. Set aside to marinate.
- In a large frypan, saute green pepper and mushrooms in the butter until soft.
- Add shrimp and cook until just done 3 minutes. Remove from pan.
- Add the 1/4 cup olive oil, anchovies, garlic, red pepper flakes and cook over medium-low heat.
- Break up anchovies with a wooden spoon. Toss linguini in the oil until heated through. Season to taste.
- Add the shrimp mixture. Drizzle with more olive oil if you like before serving and garnish with parsley.
- Recipe adapted from Rachael Ray.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 582Total Fat: 28gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 20gCholesterol: 259mgSodium: 1916mgCarbohydrates: 44gFiber: 4gSugar: 2gProtein: 38g
Recipe calculation was provided by Nutritionix and is estimation only. If you need nutritional calculations for medical reasons, please use a source that you trust.