Sliders and Fries/Friday Night Cooking Class
Tonight is Sliders and Fries/Friday Night Cooking Class is with Alexia. Welcome, Alexia, another good friend of Amber’s. Alexia chose hamburgers and fries and we changed it up slightly to sliders and shoestring fries. They were delicious!! Ken has been making these little burgers for a while now. I added some Havarti for an additional twist.
- 650 gms. extra-lean ground beef
- 4 slices bacon, cut into 1/2″ slices
- 1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs
- 2 Tbsp. Hickory BBQ sauce
- 6 Slider Buns
- Shoestring Potatoes
- 6 potatoes, washed and peeled
- Canola oil
- Mix all ingredients together in a bowl with your hands. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Roll into a ball just larger than a golf ball and then compress to a disc.
- BBQ on medium heat 5 min. aside.
- Top with cheese if desired and any other topping you prefer.
- On the shoestring setting of a mandolin slice potatoes, place in a large bowl of water to keep from browning.
- Dry very well before placing in the oil.
- Heat oil in a wok, test with one tiny potato until when dropped in it quickly floats back up bubbling.
- In batches a small amount of potatoes at a time until golden.
- Drain on a paper towel-lined plate and salt immediately.
- Keep warm in a 200F oven while cooking the rest of the potatoes.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 593Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 116mgSodium: 649mgCarbohydrates: 66gFiber: 6gSugar: 7gProtein: 47g
Recipe calculation was provided by Nutritionix and is estimation only. If you need nutritional calculations for medical reasons, please use a source that you trust.
This has been added to Sunflower Supper Club’s weekend potluck.
Also added to Country Cook weekend potluck.
This has been added to Slice of Southern weekend potluck.