Smoked Beef Brisket
There is nothing like the taste of a wonderful piece of Smoked Beef Brisket! Well, actually we love pretty much anything that comes out of the smoker in this house from pork ribs to chicken to even our Thanksgiving Day Turkey!
Ken invested in a little electric smoker and it has been the best investment, actually, we are on our second one now. Ken loves to smoke and you will see his creations on here from time to time. All so good!!!
- 6 lb. beef brisket
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 3 Tbsp. of paprika
- 2 Tbsp. each of chili powder, onion powder, Kosher salt, and black pepper
- 1 Tbsp. dry mustard
- 2 tsp. crushed red peppers or to taste
- 1 cup apple juice
- Bag of coleslaw
- Coleslaw dressing
- Paprika for sprinkling
- Mix all dry ingredients together and rub over brisket.
- Place in a glass or ceramic dish and cover with plastic wrap and let rest in the refrigerator overnight.
- Smoke in your smoker at 215-220F for 8 hours using applewood. Following the directions for the smoker.
- Spray with apple juice every hour to an hour and a half.
- Mix coleslaw with dressing and sprinkled with paprika.
- Slice the brisket as thin as you can or use a meat slicer.
- Place a few (or a few more!) slices on a bun and top with coleslaw.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 740Total Fat: 44gSaturated Fat: 17gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 21gCholesterol: 241mgSodium: 248mgCarbohydrates: 16gFiber: 2gSugar: 11gProtein: 67g
Recipe calculation was provided by Nutritionix and is estimation only. If you need nutritional calculations for medical reasons, please use a source that you trust.