Smoked Jalapeno Poppers
Ken’s is back at it again with these Smoked Jalapeno Poppers! They are so good!!! These poppers are super easy to prepare and take only a relatively short period of time to cook in the smoker!
We created a stand using a tin foil pie plate. All you do is cut out six holes just large enough for you jalapeno’s to stand up in, it works like a charm!
We snapped the pictures as quickly as we could so we could dive into these ones!!! Ken has made these many times. We may try doing different stuffings but these three ingredients are really great together.
- 6 jalapeno peppers
- 6 Tbsp. cream cheese, spreadable
- 3 slices of bacon
- Using an inverted tin pie plate cut 6 holes the size of your peppers so they can stand up to be smoked.
- Core out each of the jalapeno peppers. I always use gloves when handling jalapenos or any spicy pepper and then you don’t run the risk of wiping your eyes later and burning yourself. Note: If you leave some membrane in the pepper they will be spicier.
- Then fill peppers with cream cheese and wrap with half a slice of bacon, securing the bacon with a toothpick.
- Stand up in your inverted pie plate.
- Smoke according to your smoker instructions at 215-225F with mesquite wood for 1 1/2 hours until bacon is crisped.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 31Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 6mgSodium: 97mgCarbohydrates: 1gFiber: 0gSugar: 1gProtein: 2g
Recipe calculation was provided by Nutritionix and is estimation only. If you need nutritional calculations for medical reasons, please use a source that you trust.