Smoked Stuffed Tomatoes
Ken is back at the smoker again with these Smoked Stuffed Tomatoes, and man these are so good!!!! We got the idea to do these from a recipe that we have made quite a few times in the oven although Ken changed it up quite a bit for the smoker.
I love when Ken tries new thing in the smoker and veggies are something that we both really enjoy! Ken uses hickory as a solid standby wood for smoking most vegetables but you can also use any fruitwood. It just proves that you can do more in the smoker than just brisket.
- 4 large beefsteak tomatoes
- 1-14 oz. can of artichoke hearts, packed in water, drained and diced
- 8 oz. soft goat cheese
- 4 Tbsp. chives, chopped
- 2 tsp salt
- Cut tomato tops off and core.
- Sprinkle inside of tomatoes with salt and place tomatoes upside down on a paper towel to drain any excess moisture.
- Mix diced artichokes, goat cheese, and chives together.
- Stuff into tomatoes and spread top evenly.
- Smoke for 45-55 min. in your smoker at 215-230F, using apple/hickory wood mixture following instructions from your smoker.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 118Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 13mgSodium: 747mgCarbohydrates: 10gFiber: 4gSugar: 3gProtein: 8g
Recipe calculation was provided by Nutritionix and is estimation only. If you need nutritional calculations for medical reasons, please use a source that you trust.