Amber is here today from Mama’s Blissful Bites. She has graciously accepted an invitation to help me out while we are off Stampeding!! I have a house full of company and lots of down home partying to do. So Amber has brought over this wonderful recipe that any cowboy would adore!! Look at that picture, I am drooling!!
Hi everyone! I am very excited to guest post for Tara today! Noshing with the Nolands has always been one of my favorite blogs. I truly love Tara’s commitment to bring us readers something new every day! Her creativity and delicious recipes always blow me away!!!!
I’m Mama from Mama’s Blissful Bites and I’m bringing Tara and you some of my sizzling Spicy Quinoa and Chorizo! Now please note ya’ll, I am not from the South and (holding my head down) I have only been to Florida…once… BUT, I can assure you, I know how to make one spicy delicious meal! I have been working my Mama magic in the kitchen, providing my family and ya’ll with wholesome, delicious, clean eating meals. So please grab a napkin (’cause it sure can get sloppy in my kitchen) and pull up a chair, let’s share in this meal together.
- 4.9 oz of quinoa (I used roasted red pepper and basil)
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 small onion: chopped
- 1 red pepper: chopped
- 12 ounces chorizo
- 28 ounces whole tomatoes
- pinch of red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper
- Cook quinoa according to instructions.
- Meanwhile, over medium heat, add olive oil. Heat the chorizo for 7-8 minutes until cooked through with a nice brown outside. Place on plate.
- Place onions in same sauté pan for 1-2 minutes then add peppers. Turn heat to low for 7-8 minutes until onions and peppers become soft.
- Add tomatoes, quinoa. Break up chunks of tomatoes. Add red pepper flakes, if using.
- Return chorizo to pan. Bring to boil, lower heat to a simmer for ten minutes
I am so happy to have met Tara through our #SundaySupper group! Thank you so much for allowing me to be a guest at your house! Be sure to come back ya’ll, ya hear? You are always welcome at Mama’s table too.