Spring Pea Soup
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 cups sliced leeks, white and pale green parts only
- 3/4 cup celery, diced
- 1/3 cup white wine
- 4 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- 4 cups frozen peas
- 3 Tbsp. parsley and more for garnish
- 1/2 tsp. thyme leaves
- 1/8 tsp. ascorbic acid, vit. C pill
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup heavy cream, and more for garnish
- Heat the oil in a large pot and saute the garlic first for a few seconds and then add the leeks and the celery. Do not let them brown, but continue to saute until softened, about 5 min. Add the white wine and reduce until almost gone about 3 min. Pour in the stock and let simmer for 15 min.
- Add the peas, parsley and thyme return to a simmer and cook until tender, about 5 min. Add the ascorbic acid and blend until smooth in a blender.
- Reheat in the pot and add cream. Do not let it boil. Serve with more cream on top and parsley if desired.
We have other fantastic recipes to share with you this week!!