This Steak Salad is a super fast and easy weekday meal where two steaks can go a long way. I love to be able to stretch my grocery dollars and this is a recipe that totally does that for me!
Weekdays can be crazy busy with everyone running off to events or activities. In our house, even weekends are busy with someone running off somewhere., either it’s karate or hockey, and then there is all the regular household stuff that needs to get done.
You know. like grocery shopping, lawn, and garden work, cleaning, the list goes on and on! A quick, healthy meal like this is perfect for a family on the go, give it a try, I know you are going to love it!
- 2 striploin steaks
- 1/2 cup 7 up, (not diet)
- 1/2 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp. onion flakes
- 1 Tbsp. Montreal steak spice
- 2 Tbsp. tomato paste
- Juice of one small lemon
- 1 Tbsp. prepared horseradish
- 1 Tbsp. Worchestershire
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. curly leaf parsley, chopped
- A few grinds of black pepper
- 1/4 tsp. tabasco
- 1 1/2 tsp. sugar
- 1/2 tsp.salt
- 1 head of romaine lettuce
- 1/4 red onion, thinly sliced
- 4 small stalks celery sliced on the angle
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- Put the ingredients in a large ziplock bag and place steaks in turning occasionally in the fridge. Allow steaks to marinate for 2-3 hours.
- Combine tomato paste, lemon juice, horseradish, Worcestershire in a bowl. Whisk in olive oil slowly. Add parsley, tabasco, salt, sugar, and pepper.
- Tear washed romaine into bite-sized pieces in a large bowl. Add onion, celery and tomato halves.
- Remove steak from the marinade and discard marinade.
- Grill on high for 4-5 min. per side until medium-rare. Let rest for 5 min. and slice thinly on a diagonal.
- Toss salad with the dressing reserving some to drizzle onto the steak.
- Place 3-4 slices of steak per salad and drizzle with reserved dressing.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 398Total Fat: 29gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 20gCholesterol: 37mgSodium: 1265mgCarbohydrates: 20gFiber: 6gSugar: 11gProtein: 18g