Day 3 of our 5 Days of Dinner Salads and it is this divine steak salad!!! This one is a keeper!!! I love steak salads, you don’t need much steak to make this so special and the crunchy onions make it feel like a restaurant steak. Add a little gorgonzola and you are over the top!!
Portions don’t have to be crazy huge, this is definitely more than enough for me to be completely satisfied. As long as it is super tasty you don’t need mounds of food on your plate.
I loved how I marinated this one and we pan-fried the steak to perfection!! You honestly don’t need a BBQ to get a good tasting steak just the right marinade and cooking method.
- 1 Tbsp. Montreal steak spice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/8 cup lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 2 dashes Tobasco
- 1/2 tsp. smoked paprika
- A mixture of Romaine lettuce, cherry tomatoes, and red onion
- Balsamic vinaigrette
- I Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 Strip loin steaks
- 79 gm. container of French Fried Onions
- Gorgonzola, optional
- Whisk marinade ingredients together and place them in a Ziploc bag. Add the two steaks and marinate for 2-3 hours. Drain and discard marinade.
- Preheat oven to 325F. Toss salad ingredients together. Set aside.
- In a cast-iron pan with one Tbsp. olive oil on high heat cook steak until medium-rare, 3-5 min. per side depending on the thickness of your steak.
- Let steak rest 5 min. Warm French fried onions in the oven, careful not to burn. Slice steak against the grain.
- Arrange four plates with salad drizzled with balsamic dressing topped with steak, french fried onions, and Gorgonzola if using.
- Serve immediately.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 425Total Fat: 35gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 23gCholesterol: 42mgSodium: 361mgCarbohydrates: 14gFiber: 2gSugar: 4gProtein: 15g
Recipe calculation was provided by Nutritionix and is estimation only. If you need nutritional calculations for medical reasons, please use a source that you trust.