Steam Whistle Teriyaki Burger and Onion Rings
Love the flavor of Steam Whistle, a fabulous refreshing Pilsner. This Steam Whistle Teriyaki Burger and Onion Rings hit the mark. When I dream this one up I wanted to create something really special with this beer. I love the tastes of Asian cuisine and wanted to pair them up together.
A little beer in the burger and a little beer in the onion rings and big ol’ beer to wash it all down. Yummy!! A perfect Friday or Saturday night feast!! These are two fabulous recipes that are very easy too! Your whole family will love them. Amber loved both!!
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. butter
- 1 small sweet onion, sliced
- 1/2 bottle Steam Whistle beer
- 2 lb. lean ground beef
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3 Tbsp. bread crumbs
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup plus 2 Tbsp. Teriyaki sauce, store-bought
- 4 Portabella mushroom caps, sliced
- 2 Tbsp. toasted sesame seeds
- 6 sesame hamburger buns
- 1 large sweet onion
- 1 cup Asian Family Tempura Batter mix
- 1/2-2/3 cup Steam Whistle beer
- Steam Whistle to drink!!
- Mix beef, egg, bread crumbs, and 2 Tbsp. teriyaki sauce together. Form 6 patties. Salt and pepper the outside and set aside.
- Saute onion in a large frypan in the butter until translucent. Add the beer and reduce until almost gone. Add the mushroom and stir fry until tender. Add the teriyaki sauce.
- Fry the burger on a grill pan for 10-12 min. or until desired doneness. Then place them in the frypan with teriyaki mixture. Cover and let sit while you make the onion rings.
- Preheat oven to 200F. Mix the batter with the beer until the lumps are gone but don't over mix using as much liquid as you like. The thinner the batter the lighter and crispier the onion ring. Set the bowl of batter over a bowl filled with ice. Heat oil in a wok until hot enough that a small piece of bread will float and sizzle. Working quickly and in small batches dip onion rings into batter and completely coat. Drop them in one by one into the batter. Turn when golden on one side and then remove when golden on the other. Transfer onto a paper towel-lined plate. Salt immediately. Keep in the oven while continuing to make the onion rings.
- Reheat burgers and serve on the sesame seed buns with the mushrooms, onion and teriyaki mixture. Sprinkle the top with sesame seeds. Serve with the onion rings. Oh so crazy good with a bottle of Steam Whistle!!!
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 657Total Fat: 25gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 173mgSodium: 753mgCarbohydrates: 47gFiber: 3gSugar: 11gProtein: 53g
Recipe calculation was provided by Nutritionix and is estimation only. If you need nutritional calculations for medical reasons, please use a source that you trust.