Don’t you just love spoiling yourself or some else with a plate of The Best Waffles!! Big, crispy, and delicious waffles. Filling the little nooks with butter and dousing the pile with pure maple syrup. The first known waffle recipe dates back to the late 14th century, really?? Who knew they were around that long.
There are loads of variations of this popular breakfast staple but most of us think of the Belgian waffle, which has become Americanized. There are Brussels Waffles, Scandinavian, Norwegian, Hong Kong, and Flemish. You can serve them with fried chicken, hotdogs, or even serve them on a stick. Besides the Scandinavian waffles, my favorite is these. Light as air and crispy!!
Love how the little pockets fill up with butter and syrup!!
The Best Waffles
- 2 cups flour
- 6 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 Tbsp. sugar
- 5 eggs, separated
- 2 cups milk
- 7 Tbsp. canola oil
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- In a large bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients. Set aside.
- Beat egg whites until stiff with a mixer. Add milk and egg yolks to the dry ingredients. Mix until smooth.
- Add the oil and vanilla and mix well. Fold the egg whites into the batter.
- Pour about 2/3-3/4 cup of batter into the center of a waffle maker.
- Cook for 5-6 min. until golden brown and crisp.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 314Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 121mgSodium: 585mgCarbohydrates: 31gFiber: 1gSugar: 7gProtein: 9g
Recipe calculation was provided by Nutritionix and is estimation only. If you need nutritional calculations for medical reasons, please use a source that you trust.