Vanilla Butter Cookies with Vanilla Milkshake
I love the taste of vanilla, just vanilla. I also love to add it into so many of my baking and other recipes like Vanilla Butter Cookies with Vanilla Milkshake.
Amber craves just vanilla, I think she would prefer it over chocolate any day!! So when I was asked to review Nielsen-Massey Pure Vanilla Extract, I jumped at the chance.
The vanilla is a Madagascar Bourbon Pure Vanilla and the flavor is wonderful!!
I made a simple vanilla butter cookie to let the vanilla shine through and paired it with a wonderfully thick but not too rich vanilla milkshake. Amber was in pure heaven with this combination.
Vanilla is an expensive spice, only second to saffron. I never use artificial flavoring, always a pure vanilla extract. This is gorgeous vanilla that we will continue to enjoy!
- 1 cup softened butter
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 Tbsp. Nielson-Massey Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 3 scoops of low-fat vanilla ice cream
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1 tsp. Nielson-Massey Pure Vanilla Extract
- 3 ice cubes
- Preheat oven to 350F. Cream together in a large bowl of a stand-up mixer with a paddle attachment the butter and sugar. Add the egg and the vanilla. Beat well.
- Whisk the flour and baking powder together and add it to the mixture slowly until all is incorporated.
- Using a 1 1/4" cookie scoop, drop even mounds onto a Silpat or parchment-lined cookie sheet.
- Pat down with two fingers to form a small disc. Bake for 12-15 min. or until very lightly browned. Remove to a cooling rack.
- For the milkshake, add all the ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth. Serve with the cookies.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 108Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 20mgSodium: 54mgCarbohydrates: 13gFiber: 0gSugar: 6gProtein: 1g
Recipe calculation was provided by Nutritionix and is estimation only. If you need nutritional calculations for medical reasons, please use a source that you trust.
Recipe adapted from Food.com