White Hot Chocolate Peppermint Bundt
I am with #BundtBakers today and hosting!! I came up with a cool theme I thought, of Hot Chocolate for this month’s bundts. What do you put in your hot chocolate?
Does it get spiked, is it white or milk chocolate, do you make it from scratch, add in shaved chocolate, cinnamon, marshmallows, candy canes? The list can go on and on.
I came to a White Hot Chocolate Peppermint Bundt as my choice for today and it turned out pretty and delicious!!
I made this bundt a bit different than I normally do and went more for a pound cake than the usual lighter cake I make. My daughter is on her second piece already for a after school treat, she is loving it.
The cake is very dense and buttery and stood up nicely to the addition of white hot chocolate and peppermint. The icing is light and if you really like peppermint you can add some to the icing too.
I left it with just the white-hot chocolate as it is subtle and you get the addition of the peppermint with the candy canes on top!
This would make a great celebration bundt for the holidays. Of course, it can be made ahead of time and it is also easily portable. Everyone young and old would love this.
It has a wonderfully buttery finish with hints of peppermint and white hot chocolate, neither being too overpowering.
Grab your bundt pan and whip up this pretty bundt, you and whoever you share with will be very happy!!
White Hot Chocolate Peppermint Bundt #BundtBakers
A buttery pound cake transformed to a white hot chocolate and peppermint dream in the form of a bundt and just in time for the holidays!
- 1/2 cup butter softened, more for pan
- 2 cups sugar
- 5 large eggs
- 3 cups flour, more for pan
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 3/4 cup half and half cream
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 tsp. peppermint extract
- 2-1.2 oz. (35 gm.) pkgs. white hot chocolate mix
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1-1.2 oz (35 gm.) pkg. white hot chocolate mix
- 1 tsp. meringue powder
- 3-4 Tbsp. half and half cream
- 1 tsp. peppermint extract (optional)
- 6 candy canes, crushed
- Preheat oven to 325F. Prepare a bundt pan by brushing with butter and flouring, set aside. In the bowl of a standup mixer cream the butter, add the sugar and continue to beat until fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time and mix well after each addition. Add the vanilla and peppermint extracts.
- In a seperate large bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Add in the hot chocolate and mix well. Add to the butter mixture and alternate with the cream. Starting and ending with the flour. Pour into prepared pan. Bake for 1 hour or until cake tester comes out clean. Cool in pan for 10 min. and then remove to a cooling rack to completely cool.
- For the icing, mix together the powdered sugar with the hot chocolate mix and the meringue powder. Add in 3 Tbsp. cream and the peppermint extract if using. Beat with an electric blender adding in more cream to desired consistency. Whip the icing until slightly fluffy. Pour over the cooled cake and sprinkle the top with candy canes. Save extra crushed candy cane for the plate.
Recipe adapted from MyRecipes.com
Here are all the wonderful bakers that have decided to join me this month in celebrating hot chocolate!!
- Autumn Spiced Pumpkin Hot Chocolate Bundt Cake by Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck
- Aztec Hot Chocolate Bundt Cake by I Sugar Coat It!
- Baileys Hot Chocolate Bundt Cake by Liv for Cake
- Bourbon Hot Chocolate Bundt Cake by I Bake He Shoots
- Carob and Hot Chocolate Cake by A Kingdom for A Cake
- Chocolate and Tiffany’s Bundtcake by La Mejor Manera
- Hot Chocolate & Caramel Bundt Cake by I love Bundt Cakes
- Hot Chocolate Bundt with Godiva Glaze by Our Good Life
- Hot Chocolate Buttered Rum Bundt by The Crumby Cupcake
- Hot Chocolate Lavender Bundt Cake by Adventures in All Things Food
- Hot Cocoa Almond Bundt Cake by SimplyVeggies
- Marshmallow Hot Chocolate Bundt Cake by Palatable Pastime
- Mocha Bundt Cake by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Nutella & Toffee Bundt Cake by Los Chatos Chefs
- Orange Pisco White Chocolate Bundt by Food Lust People Love
- Peppermint Hot Chocolate Bundt Cake by Making Miracles
- Peppermint Hot Chocolate Cake by The Spiced Life
- Pumpkin Spice Hot Chocolate Bundt by Tartacadabra
- Toffee Chip Hot Chocolate Pound Cake by Magnolia Days
- White Hot Chocolate Peppermint Bundt by Noshing With The Nolands
- White Hot Chocolate Pound Cake by My Catholic Kitchen
#BundtBakers is a group of Bundt-loving Bakers who get together once a month to bake Bundts with a common ingredient or theme. You can see all of our lovely Bundts by following our Pinterest Board.
We take turns hosting each month and choosing the theme or ingredient.
Updated links for all of our past events and more information about BundtBakers can be found on our homepage.
Comments & Reviews
Laura Dembowski says
Such a great idea for a Bundt cake! It’s so striking and perfect for winter. It looks like the snow that’s unfortunately sure to come.
Tara Noland says
Thank you Laura and yes, we already have that snow!!
Paula @ Vintage Kitchen says
Gorgeous cake Tara! I love the combo of flavours of course, and the fact that is dense, I really like tight crumb ones! Love the holiday colors. Thanks for hosting today Tara!
Tara Noland says
Thank you so much Paula, always lovely to have you here!
Carole from Carole's Chatter says
Tara, your cake is great. I would love you to stop by Food on Friday: Cakes over at Carole’s Chatter to add this to the cake collection! Cheers!
jacquee | i sugar coat it! says
I have never had white hot chocolate, but that may soon change. So pretty and festive!
This is PERFECT for the holidays, Tara! I love peppermint in my hot chocolate, in fact, I love peppermint anything. Beautiful Bundt! Thanks so much for hosting this month!
Wendy, A Day in the Life on the Farm says
This is one beautiful bundt. Perfect addition to the Holiday table.
This cake is stunning and I promise you I will make it. I love that you resisted adding any milk or dark chocolate. Yum!!!
Lara Tartacadabra says
Hi Tara, your Bundt looks absolutely fantastic!! Very Christmas, December-festive 🙂
Love the white chocolate in the Bundt Cake, we don’t have any chocolate mixes here, so I do envy you guys a bit, must be so good to use them in cakes! Thanks again for the great theme, loved it! Sunshine from Spain Xx
I love the pictures, it´s like if we were on christmas time yet.
Beautiful cake, I never tried white hot chocolate , and even don’t remember seeing one. I’ll have to look closer. Thanks for hosting, it’s been a real pleasure:)
Mondo | I bake he shoots says
oh my goodness, Tara…look at your bundt! it’s looks like “winter in wonderland”-just gorgeous! thanks so much for hosting, you did a wonderful job.
Olivia @ livforcake says
This is one beautiful Bundt, Tara! I love peppermint, especially during the holidays and especially in my hot chocolate! I love how dense and delicious this cake looks. Thanks so much for hosting and coming up with this fun theme!
Deliciously moist cake you have it there.
kate @veggie desserts says
What an amazing bundt of Christmas perfection! I LOVE the crushed candy canes on top! Fantastic recipe 🙂
Florian @ContentednessCooking says
So festive and delicious! Perfect for the holidays!
Nicole Neverman says
This cake looks and sounds amazing!!
Becca @ Amuse Your Bouche says
This looks fab! Those crushed candy canes are such a simple way of decorating it, but so effective!
[email protected] says
So festive and so delicious.
Sue Lau says
This cake is just drop dead gorgeous.
April J Harris says
What a beautiful cake! My mouth is watering just thinking about the gorgeous flavour combination you’ve got going on too!
Steven Pennington says
Looks great! Going to try this for a birthday cake 🙂
Tara Noland says
Enjoy!! Happy Birthday to the lucky recipient!