Witch’s Fingers for Trick-Or-Treat Halloween Party at #SundaySupper
As you may know from my previous five posts on Halloween it is one of my favorite times of year. I have been celebrating Halloween one way or another for many many years. One of my all time favorite Halloween recipes is Witch’s Fingers. I don’t even know where I got this recipe but we have made them for umpteen years and it is a must have at Halloween. The shortbread cookie itself is so delicious. You get over the gruesomeness of it very quickly!!
Even though I am swamped busy right now I couldn’t say no to joining in on #SundaySupper’s Halloween Party. I hope you enjoy all the great recipes that everyone has kindly shared.
- 1 cup butter softened
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. almond extract
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2¾ cups flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- ¾ cup whole blanched almonds
- 1 19gm. tube of red decorator gel
- In a bowl of a standup mixer with a paddle attachment beat together butter, sugar, egg, almond and vanilla extract. Sift together flour, baking powder and salt and add slowly.
- Roll into a ball and cover with plastic wrap, refrigerate for 30 min.
- Preheat oven to 325F. Cut the dough into four sections and working with only a quarter while the rest is refrigerated, roll heaping Tbsp. into a finger shape. Squeeze in the center to make a knuckle. Press almond firmly into one end of the cookie. With a sharp knife make lines on the knuckle and just under the almond.
- Place on a greased cookie sheet and bake for 20-25 min. or until pale golden.
- Let the cookies cool for 3 min. Carefully lift up the almond and squeeze the red decorator gel onto the back of the nail bed and then replace the almond, letting the gel ooze out. Remove onto racks to cool completely.
Witches, ghosts, goblins, vampires, zombies, monsters… Everyone is invited. You don’t want to miss this hair-raising party. It’s sure to be a real scream!
On the menu for our Trick-or-Treat #SundaySupper Halloween Party:
We would love to have you join this special Sunday Supper and bring your halloween party recipes. So many amazing recipes and this group is just a blast to be around. Our #SundaySupper chat will begin on Twitter at 7pm Eastern Time. Grab your Bewitching Brew and Ghoulish Grub and join the fun!
- Steak Bites with Bloody Mary Dipping Sauce – I Run for Wine
- Baked Mummy Cheese Dogs – In the Kitchen with KP
- Goblin Eggs – Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Spooky Kid Pizzas – Sustainable Dad
- Pumpkin Chili, Pumpkin Dip, & Wicken Witch’s Brew – Daddy Knows Less
- Monster Mash – Cindy’s Recipes & Writings
- Sloppy Worm Sandwiches – La Cocina de Leslie
- Pumpkin Whoopie Pies with Biscoff Cream – The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen
- Spooky Ogre Eye Cookies – The Realistic Nutritionist
- Jack O’ Lantern Cookies – Magnolia Days
- Spooky Good Popcorn Snack Mix – The Weekend Gourment
- White Chocolate & Coconut Dipped Strawberry Ghosts – Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- Monster Bites – Cravings of a Lunatic
- Vegan Halloween Sugar Cookies – Hezzi-D’s Books & Cooks
- Monster Cookies – Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts
- Tunnel of Doom Cake – That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Candy-Stuffed Rice Crispy Treat Pumpkins – Chocolate Moosey
- Witch’s Fingers – Noshing with The Nolands
- Sweet Intestines with Broken Glass – The Little Ferraro Kitchen
- Graveyard Brownies – The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Boo Candy Corn & Chocolate Chip Cookies – Hip Foodie Mom
- Pumpkin Halloween Munch – Big Bear’s Wife
- Halloween Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Cake Pops – Juanita’s Cocina
- Jack-O-Lantern Carrot Cake – Galactosemia in PDX
- Ghostly Chocolate Orange Tarts – Happy Baking Days
- Halloween Popcorn Cake – Pippis in the Kitchen Again
- White Chocolate & Dulce de Leche Ghosts – Vintage Kitchen Notes
- Halloween Cereal Bars – Basic N Delicious
- Ossi di Morti (Bones of the Dead Cookies) – Webicurean
- Pumpkin Pie Pinwheels – Midlife Road Trip
Join us on Twitter throughout the day during #SundaySupper. We’ll be meeting up at 7:00 pm(Eastern) for our weekly #SundaySupper live chat.
All you have to do is follow the #SundaySupper hashtag or you can follow us through TweetChat.
We’d also love to feature your Sunday Supper Halloween Party Recipes on our #SundaySupper Pinterest board and share them with all of our followers, too.
This is a fun Sunday Supper you don’t want to miss! I promise you will have a blast.