The Olympics are just around the corner and this year is the first for Women’s Ski Jumping Debut #Olympics. How exciting that we have a Canadian team going to represent us!!
Lesley Stowe’s Raincoast Crisps are a proud sponsor of the Canadian Women’s Ski Jump Team. Here are some recipes from team members Atsuko Tanaka, Taylor Henrich and Alexandra Pretorius.
First off is this scrumptious-looking Atsuko’s Flight Avocado & Green Pea Dip!!
- 1 ripe avocado
- 2 tbsp. (30 mL) lime juice
- ½ clove garlic, minced
- 2 cups (500 mL) sweet green peas,
- 1 tsp. (5 mL) sea salt
- cayenne or hot sauce
- Spoon out the avocado flesh and put into a food processor.
- Add the lime juice and garlic. Add the green peas and salt, then
- process until you have a smooth puree. Add cayenne or hot
- sauce for a kick. Serve with Raincoast Seed Crisps.
Lesley Stowe’s crackers have been my favorite for a long time. They add such great flavor to any recipe!!
Next up is Taylor’s Take Off Olive & Fig Tapenade
- 1 cup (250 mL) fresh figs, quartered
- 1 cup (250 mL) pitted niçoise olives or
- other brined black olives
- 1 tbsp. (15 mL) capers, drained
- 1 large clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp. (5 mL) fresh thyme leaves
- 3 tbsp. (45 mL) olive oil
- 1 tbsp. (15 mL) fresh lemon juice
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- In a food processor, roughly chop the figs. Add the olives,
- capers, garlic and thyme; pulse until combined and slightly
- coarse. Add the oil and lemon juice; pulse to combine. Season
- to taste with salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate until ready to
- serve. Serve with Raincoast Fig and Olive Crisps.
You will love serving Alexandra’s Inrun Caramelized Onion Blue Cheese Dip!!!
- 1/2 medium onions, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp. (15mL) olive oil
- 1/4 cup (50mL) mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup (175mL) sour cream
- 3 oz. (85g) blue cheese (Roquefort,
- Danish blue or stilton)
- 6 oz. (170g) cream cheese
- 4 tsp. (20mL) fresh lemon juice
- sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- Heat the olive oil in a small sauté pan to medium-low add onion,
- cover and cook until deep golden brown, stirring occasionally,
- about 20 mins. Cool.
- Whisk together mayonnaise and sour cream in a medium bowl
- add the blue cheese and cream cheese mash with a rubber
- spatula until smooth. Stir in caramelized onion. Season to taste
- with salt and pepper. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Serve with
- Raincoast Cranberry Hazelnut Crisps or wheat-free Raincoast
- Rosemary Oat Crisps.
Go, Go, Go Team Canada!!!