This month is Swirly June, so I decided to attempt a difficult cake, Zebra Bundt, some thing that I have seen a few times but have never attempted.
Well, it didn’t turn out to be a fabulous success, I have to admit. Yes, I have some swirls but they are not even. I also did find the cake to be kind of dry. I really do like adding a yogurt, sour cream or pudding mix to my bundts but this recipe didn’t call for it. There is room to improve. I will have to try it again!!
I think this cake does take a few times to master. You have to have consistent layering and consistent batter for both the different batters.
I found the chocolate to be thinner than the vanilla batter and therefore they ran differently. It tasted great but was a bit dry. I did use it again in another recipe to make desserts in jars and there I liked it better as it had a kirsch drizzle on it. See that one big thick layer of chocolate near the bottom.
I would like the strips or swirls to be that thick right through. Less swirls and more pronounced. The Kaluha glaze is amazing by the way!! Oh well, back to the drawing board.
Here are more beautiful Swirly Bundts for you to enjoy!!
- Apple Swirl Bundt Cake by Renee at Magnolia Days
- Cinnamon Praline Pecan Swirl Bundt Cake by Karen at In the Kitchen With KP
- Cinnamon Pecan Swirl with Cinnamon Glaze by Stacy at Food Lust People Love
- Chocolate and Peanut Butter Swirl Bundt by Anita at Hungry Couple
- Lemon Raspberry Swirl Bundt Cake by Carrie at Poet In The Pantry
- Nutella Swirl Bundt by Veronica at My Catholic Kitchen
- Orange Creamsicle Bundt by Holly at A Baker’s House
- Strawberry Nutella Swirl Mini Bundts by Alice at Hip Foodie Mom
- Strawberry Swirl Cream Cheese Bundt by Sandra at The Sweet Sensations
- The Spiced Life Espresso Swirled Bundt Cake by Laura at The Spiced Life
- Vanilla Cherry Swirl Mini Bundt Cakes by Heather at Hezzi D’s Books and Cooks
- Zebra Bundt by Tara at Noshing With The Nolands
Here ís how you can be a part of Bundt-a-Month:
- Simple rule: Bake us a swirly bundt
- Post it before June 30, 2013
- Use the #BundtaMonth hashtag in your title. (For ex: title could read #BundtaMonth: Cherry Bundt)
- Add your entry to the Linky tool below
- Link back to our announcement posts
Even more bundt fun! Follow Bundt-a-Month on our Pinterest board for inspiration and choose from hundreds of Bundt cake recipes.
Powered by Linky Tools
Click here to enter your link and view this Linky Tools list…