Orange Chocolate Swiss Roll for Stuff, Roll and Wrap #SundaySupper
What a great theme we have this week on #SundaySupper!! The recipes and ideas are endless!! I am so happy to be back after a very long hiatus!! I jumped at the chance to do this one!!
A dessert came to mind first thing!! A Swiss Roll, but I have never made one before!! I started poking around and thinking of flavor pairings. Orange and chocolate came to mind right away but in a light and subtle way.
The cake is lightly orange and the creamy mousse like filling is lightly chocolate, so both pair beautifully together!!
This cake is great at anytime of the day!! Breakfast to dessert!! The recipe is partially in weight measurements, which actually is very good for baking. If you don’t have a good kitchen scale I highly recommend one, I use mine all the time!!!
- 150 gm. flour
- 150 gm. berry sugar (also called caster sugar)
- 5 medium eggs
- 1/2 tsp. orange extract
- 1 tsp. orange zest
- 1 cup chopped milk chocolate
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 Tbsp. berry sugar
- Preheat oven to 400C. Line a 16 x 12" pan with parchment paper. Beat the eggs and sugar until the mixture is thick and pale. Beat in the orange extract and the orange zest. Fold in the flour. Pour the mixture onto the prepared pan and smooth out with a spatula. Bake for 10-12 min. until lightly golden brown and springy to touch. Let cool in the pan.
- Once the cake is cooled, make the filling by whipping the cream until stiff peaks (always use a bowl and whisk that has been in the freezer for about 20 min., the cream will whip so much faster). Add the sugar and whisk in. Melt the chocolate in the microwave and let cool slightly, add a small amount of the whipped cream to the chocolate and then add more until all is incorporated.
- Carefully peel the paper from the cake, you can invert it onto another larger piece of parchment or wax paper, you will need this to help you roll. Spread the filling onto the cake and smooth out to cover completely. Using the parchment/wax paper roll up the cake from the long side. Wrap in the paper and refrigerate until ready to serve. Slice and serve.
I am really excited to be seeing some of these amazing recipes for this week. I will be making some for sure!!
Starters and Snacks
- Easy Apple Dumplings by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Endive Stuffed with Blue Cheese, Walnuts and Honey by Shockingly Delicious
- Filipino Turon (Banana Lumpia) by Killer Bunnies, Inc
- Arepas de Queso (cheese stuffed cornmeal cakes) by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Eggy Rice Wraps by Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Puff Pastry and Prosciutto Wrapped Asparagus by The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Onigiri by Brunch With Joy
- Stuffed Pierogie Shells by Seduction in The Kitchen
- Celery Root Lettuce Wraps with Beluga Lentils by The Wimpy Vegetarian
Entrees and Mains
- Rouladen by The Not So Cheesy Kitchen
- Stracci di Antrodoco by Manu’s Menu
- Eggplant Rollatini by MealDiva
- Stuffed Whole Baby Savoy Cabbages by Food Lust People Love
- Chicken Taco Egg Rolls by Table for Seven
- Tamales de Rajas y Requeson (Roasted Poblano Tamales) by La Cocina de Leslie
- Bademjan Shekam-por – Persian Stuffed Eggplant by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Korean-style Meaty Stuffed Potatoes by kimchi MOM
- Strawberries and Cream Pancake Roll by Curious Cuisiniere
- Creamy Goat Cheese Quinoa Stuffed Tomatoes by Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Rolled Greek Meatloaf by Kudos Kitchen By Renee
- Shrimp Burritos Con Queso by Cooking On The Ranch
- Zucchini Boats by Confessions of a Culinary Diva
- Crab Louie Stuffed Chicken by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Potato Roll Stuffed with Ham and Cheese in Red Sauce by Basic N Delicious
- Ham, Turkey and Cheddar Turnovers by Magnolia Days
- Caprese Stuffed Chicken Breasts by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Ham and Cheese Crescent “Roll” Stromboli by Rants From My Crazy Kitchen
- Beef Wellington Braciole by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Cabbage Venison Lettuce Wraps With Fresh Herbs by Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
All things Sweet
- Carrot Cake Cinnamon Rolls by Chocolate Moosey
- Chocolate Hazelnut Rugelach by Desserts Required
- Lemon Poppyseed Swirl Cookies by What Smells So Good
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Egg Rolls by Melanie Makes
- Chocolate Chip Banana Sweet Rolls by Big Bear’s Wife
- Orange Chocolate Swiss Roll by Noshing With The Nolands
- Salted Caramel Chocolate Cookies by Alida’s Kitchen
- Flourless Peanut Butter and Jelly Cookies by Pies and Plots
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. Check out our #SundaySupper Pinterest board for more fabulous recipes and food photos.Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.