That’s What I Think (TWIT) Review
Here we are today on the 2nd Day of 5 Days of Spring Veggies, with Zucchini Tagliatelle from Raw Essence. The cookbook Raw Essence has recipes that are a part of a growing movement of raw vegan cuisine that is eco-friendly.
This cuisine is not where I will be heading but I am not a naysayer and love to learn more about all types of diets. The cookbook itself is filled with wonderful photography and delicious looking recipes and lots of really good informational snippets.
If you are new to this type of diet and want to explore it more this cookbook would be very helpful in meeting all your nutritional needs. If you are a more advanced cook this cookbook also offers gorgeous plating and serving ideas.
I had left it out while we were on vacation and had house sitters in that were vegan. They tried the Choco-Banana Pie recipe and thought that is was very good. I flipped through the pages looking for a nice spring-like salad.
Something to add to my 5 Days of Spring Veggies. As I said yesterday I might have jumped the gun slightly as I am not finding what I had been hoping for in the stores yet but this Zucchini Tagliatelle looked like it fit the bill. Light but full of wonderful flavor. The perfect spring salad. I hope you ENJOY!!!
- 2 medium zucchini (I used one green and one yellow)
- 1/4 cup pesto or 20 medium basil leaves, slivered (I used the basil)
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1/2 tsp. garlic puree or 1/2 clove garlic, chopped (I used the fresh garlic)
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 6 Kalamata olives, pitted and chopped
- 2 Tbsp. pine nuts
- Using a mandolin or a vegetable peeler, cut zucchini into long thin strips, then julienne strips into long tagliatelle.
- In a salad bowl, combine zucchini with the salt, garlic, olive oil, and pesto (if using).
- Place zucchini tagliatelle on serving dishes and top with the chopped olives, pine nuts, and basil (if using instead of the pesto). Serve cold.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 166Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 4mgSodium: 401mgCarbohydrates: 5gFiber: 2gSugar: 2gProtein: 4g
Recipe calculation was provided by Nutritionix and is estimation only. If you need nutritional calculations for medical reasons, please use a source that you trust.