Earls Pineapple Ginger Margarita
I did a review on Earls not that long ago and they were so kind to send me the recipe for their absolutely delicious cocktail, Earls Pineapple Ginger Margarita. I whipped up a couple of drinks and then went to do some pictures and realized a storm was eminent. My photo I admit was done in haste as I quickly shot some pictures before the light was completely gone.
Anyway, this drink is one of my favorites. The ginger syrup is so perfectly paired with the pineapple. Plus you get a small amount of heat from the rim garnish. Just completely perfect in my mind. Give this drink a try. With all the wonderful pineapple that we have around now who could resist!!!
- 12 oz. water
- 8 oz. ginger, sliced into ¼" coins, do not peel
- 12 oz. sugar
- 5 oz. honey
- 3 parts sugar
- 1 part salt
- Dash of cayenne
- 1 oz. ginger syrup
- 1 oz. lime juice
- 4-5 Pineapple chunks
- 2 oz. El Jimador Blanco Tequila
- To make the syrup, in a medium saucepan bring water, ginger, sugar and honey to a simmer. Immediately remove from heat as soon as the sugar dissolves. With a hand held blender puree, (it didn't completely puree for me but it was fine). Strain through a fine sieve into a measuring cup. Discard the ginger. Let cool. Pour into a container with a lid and store in the refrigerator for up to 9 days.
- Mix garnish ingredients together.
- To make the cocktail, fill a shaker full of ice. Rim a glass with the garnish (you may want to wet the rim first with a pineapple chunk) and fill with ice. Add the pineapple chunks to the shaker reserving one chunk for garnish and muddle with a wooden spoon until the juice escapes from the pineapple. Add the syrup, lime juice and tequila to the shaker and shake vigorously 12 times. Strain over the ice and garnish with the reserved pineapple chunk.