for Mexican Fiesta at #SundaySupper
This is a dish that I hadn’t made for a very long time, but I love Tamale Pie! Not quite sure why as it is so good and so easy to whip together. I actually got in trouble from Amber as she said why hadn’t you made this for her before because it is so very good!! She gobbled it down and quickly got seconds.
I love Mexican food. There are so many great appetizers/entrees/desserts/drinks that come out of Mexico, the list is endless. I have been to Mexico many times and I have loved my visits every time and especially the food. So come and look at the fabulous list of recipes this #SundaySupper has to offer. They all look great!! So put on your sombrero and pull up a seat senor and senorita!!
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- 1-10 oz. can of tomato soup
- 1 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- ½ cup salsa
- ¼ cup water
- ¾ cup cornmeal
- 1¼ cup milk
- 1 cup flour
- 3 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- ¼ cup butter
- Preheat oven to 400F. Brown beef in a large saute pan. Then add the rest of the filling ingredients and simmer for 5 min. Place the mixture into a 8x11" pan sprayed lightly with cooking spray.
- Mix together the cornmeal and milk and set aside for 5 min. Meanwhile stir together the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar. Stir into the cornmeal mixture the egg and melted butter. Add this mixture to the dry ingredients and stir only to combine, the batter will still be lumpy. Place the batter over the beef mixture.
- Bake for 25 min. until the cornmeal is browned slightly and cooked through.
Join us around the family table this week for our #SundaySupper Mexican Fiesta – this is a party that you won’t want to miss. We hope to inspire you with these mouthwatering recipes from our talented contributors. We will be sharing them all day long and would love for you to share your favorite Mexican and Mexican-inspired recipes during our #SundaySupper live chat at 7pm (Eastern).
- Chicken Tortilla Soup – The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen
- Jalapeño Popper Dip – Chocolate Moosey
- Vegan Tortilla Soup – Galactosemia in PDX
- Cheese-Stuffed Jalapeños w/ a Tequila Sunrise – Mama’s Blissful Bites
- Tortilla Soup with Roasted Vegetables – Diabetic Foodie
- Mini Taco Salads – Big Bear’s Wife
La Comida (the food)
- Fiesta en tu Boca Enchiladas (Chicken & White Bean Enchiladas w/ Salsa Verde) – The Hand That Rocks the Ladle
- Gluten-Free Chicken Spinach Artichoke Enchiladas for #SundaySupper – Cooking Underwriter
- Mexican Fiesta for #SundaySupper: Chipotle Chicken & 3 Bean Quesadillas w/ Wasabi Guacamole and Mango Salsa – Chattering Kitchen
- Carnitas – My Catholic Kitchen
- Tamale Pie – Noshing with the Nolands
- Carne Asada – Magnolia Days
- Frijoles Charros (Cowboy Beans) – La Cocina de Leslie
- Puerco Pibil – girlichef
- BLT Quesadillas with Avocado Mayo – Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Chile Rellenos with Roasted Tomato Sauce – Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Tamales with Green Chili Sauce – Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts
- Beef and Vegetable Enchiladas – Hezzi D’s Books and Cooks
- Chicken Con Queso – Momma’s Meals
- Baked Flautas – Home Cooking Memories
- Chunky Aztec Chocolate Granola – What Smells So Good?
- Street Tacos Al Pastor – Sustainable Dad
- Shrimp Tacos – Pippi’s in the Kitchen Again
- Chile Relleno with Ranchero Sauce – The Little Ferraro Kitchen
- Zippy Chipotle Shrimp & Mango Tostadas – Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- Pork Tacos – Tora’s Real Food
- Stuffed Sopapillas – Juanita’s Cocina
- Chicken Fajitas – Cravings of a Lunatic
- Huevos Rancheros – Comfy Cuisine
- Chocolate Cinnamon Flan – Vintage Kitchen Notes
- Caramel Apple Enchiladas for a Mexican Fiesta #SundaySupper – In the Kitchen with KP
- Chilli Chocolate Truffles – Happy Baking Days
- Horchata Ice Cream & Churro Brownies – Kwistin’s Favorites
- Fried Cinnamon Sugar Tortillas – The Watering Mouth
- Hatch Chile Margarita – Shockingly Delicious
- Skinny & Spicy Watermelon Margaritas – I Run for Wine
- Wine Pairings for a Mexican Fiesta #SundaySupper – ENOFYLZ
Please be sure you join us on Twitter throughout the day during #SundaySupper. We’ll be meeting up at 7:00 pm (Eastern) for our weekly # SundaySupper live chat where we’ll talk about our favorite recipes for a Mexican Fiesta! All you have to do is follow the#SundaySupper hashtag, or you can follow us through TweetChat! We’d also love to feature your Mexican Fiesta recipes on our #SundaySupper Pinterest board and share them with all of our followers! And feel free to leave links to your favorite Mexican or Mexican-inspired recipes in the comment section of this post – I’d love to see them!