Disclosure: I was compensated for this post. All opinions and experiences are my own.
What do you like on your baked potato? Traditionally we see sour cream, cheese and bacon. Maybe a little chives or green onions also. So those are the ingredients I used for this Baked Potato Fondue. Heavenly ingredients to dunk your little potatoes into I would say!! The fondue is easy to make, the potatoes are even easier! Little Potato Company Creamer potatoes come prewashed and ready to go. Just dump them into a pot of water and boil for 15 min. and you are ready to roll.
Want to make this over the holidays, come and enter our giveaway to get one month free little potatoes!!
We have made this recipe twice already as the kids just loved it. My daughter is a huge fondue lover and it is great for the holidays also. We almost always have a fondue over Christmas. Little potatoes are the perfect dunking ingredients especially for this delicious fondue that tastes like a baked potato all wrapped up into a little bit!
Make sure the sour cream is nice and hot and the cheese is melted after each addition. You will get a gorgeous thick cheesy sauce. Also make sure this stays hot and serve it right away into a warmed fondue pot. Cheese hardens quickly so keep the flame on your fondue pot and you will be good. Not that the fondue will last that long. Ours disappeared very quickly.
Stir lots of bacon into that gorgeous cheesy sauce!! This is comfort food at its best!
Get a big bowl of little potatoes ready and still hot out of the water! Serve them up with this delightful fondue and then wait for the rave reviews!
The first time I made this I sprinkled on little chives. This can be optional or you can use green onions too!
- 2 lbs. Little Potato Company Creamer potatoes
- 6 slices bacon, cooked crisp and sliced into lardons
- 1 cup sour cream
- 10 oz. Gruyere cheese, grated
- 4 oz. white sharp cheddar, grated
- Freshly ground pepper
- Pinch of nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 tsp. dried mustard
- Chives or green onions, chopped (optional)
- Boil the potatoes for 15 min. Combine the two cheeses.
- Heat sour cream in a large sauce pan until just before boiling.
- Add a handful of cheese. Stir with a wooden spoon until completely melted. Repeat adding handfuls but melting completely after each addition.
- Add the pepper, nutmeg, worchestershire sauce, dried mustard. Add the crisp bacon and stir. Transfer to a heated fondue pot and serve with the little potatoes.