Crab Stuffed Mushroom Caps
Disclosure: I was compensated for this post. All opinions and experiences are my own.
Are you looking for the perfect little make ahead hot appetizer? These Crab Stuffed Mushroom Caps are the best holiday hor d’oeuvre. Do you have a big bird or roast in the oven yet still need to bake something? I personally could not live without my Hamilton Beach Easy Reach™ Digital Convection Oven. It’s an appliance that lives on my counter and is in daily use.
We have always had a toaster oven/convection oven but never one that works this fast and easy. Come and see it in action while I cook you up these divine mushroom caps, a recipe we now have made many times and are loving!!
See how deliciously simple those are to make? I have some extra topping and crab stuffing in the freezer ready to make another batch. These will be the star of all your appetizers this holiday season!! The ease of using your counter top oven is the best. Pop it on the convection setting and they will be done even quicker. The tray is a perfect fit for about 30ish mushroom caps, approx. half this recipe. These are best hot and wonderful out of the oven so you can pop in another batch when these are done. Simple holiday entertaining is key!
I adore the crispy little panko topping, only three ingredients to making this. Panko crumbs, butter and Parmesan cheese!
Easy Reach™ Digital Convection Oven
I think one of my favorite things about this oven is that the window opens upwards giving you easy access to your food and therefore no spilling on the window either. This little oven got a great test as my double wall ovens were out for a week and a half. I made everything in here!! Besides making many batches of these wonderful mushrooms, I baked up meatballs, pizzas, toast, heated scones, baked chicken and so much more! It is very energy efficient too as compared to heating up your large oven. It is in constant use!
It has all these fantastic features:
- Easy access to food and countertop
- Easy to keep clean – Food can’t spill on door
- Digital control panel
- 5 settings: Convection, Toast, Bake, Broil & Pizza
- Convection circulates air around food for faster, even cooking
- 60 minute timer with ready bell and auto shutoff
- Fits a 9″ x 11″ bake pan, 12″ pizza, or 6 slices of toast
- Includes bake pan, oven rack, and removable crumb tray
- 2 rack positions
Crispy, crunchy, creamy and delicious, you will be making these mushrooms as much as I have. They have been a sure fire hit not only with adults but my daughter and teenage friends just couldn’t get enough!!
They are the perfect little popper, so easy to serve and to eat with drink in hand! They can be made all year round too. Using your Hamilton Beach convection oven won’t heat up the kitchen either in the hotter months like a big oven will.
- 60 small to medium mushrooms, washed and stems removed
- 1-8 oz. package light cream cheese
- ¼ cup light mayonnaise
- ½ cup Swiss cheese, grated
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese, finely grated
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tsp. hot sauce
- 1 tsp. Old Bay seasoning
- 1 (120 gm.) can of crab meat
- 3 green onions, chopped
- ½ cup Panko Crumbs
- 2 Tbsp. butter, melted
- ¼ cup Parmesan
- Preheat the Hamilton Beach Easy Reach™ Digital Convection Oven to 400F. I used the regular setting not convection for this but you can for sure use that setting.
- Mix together the cream cheese, mayonnaise, Swiss cheese and Parmesan with an electric mixer. Then add the salt, pepper, Old Bay Seasoning, hot sauce, crab and green onions and fold in ingredients lightly. Mix the panko crumbs ingredients together and set aside.
- Place mushrooms on the provided tray lined with foil and fill each with some of the crab filling. Top with the panko crumb mixture. Place in the Hamilton Beach oven and bake to 15-20 min. or until heated through and slightly browned on top. Serve hot.