Blueberry Muffins made with Pure Via Stevia
Blueberry Muffins made with Pure Via Stevia – Stevia is a naturally sourced sweetener made from the pure sweet extract of the Stevia plant. I received Pure Via Stevia to sample, use and bake with. I have now used all three of their products. In my morning coffee I usually use 1/2 packet of sweetener. That was very easy to switch over to Stevia and I found it less artificial tasting and a bit sweeter. So every morning I use 1/2 packet of Stevia in my coffee, yum just the right sweetness for me.
Then I tried the Turbinado Raw Cane Sugar and Stevia blend. This I used in the my Rum and Raisin French Toast and it sure was delicious and you would never have known there was a sweetener added.
Lastly I wanted to try the granulated Stevia. Included with the product was a little recipe book. In the cookbook was a recipe for blueberry muffins. They are low in calories coming in at 150 each and looked delicious!! So this is the recipe that I will share with you today. Amber loved these for breakfast or for a snack. I did find them a bit dry but with a fresh fruit compote like the strawberry rhubarb one I had recently made they were very good. I love fresh blueberries and this recipe had lots!! The sweetness was just right with using the Stevia, you would have never known there was a sweetener used.
Blueberry Muffin Recipe
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 1 Tbsp. grated orange peel
- 3 Tbps. + 1 tsp. Pure Via Stevia Granulated sweetener
- 1 cup buttermilk
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1½ cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- Quick or old fashioned oats (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400F. Line 12 muffin cups with paper baking cups.
- Mix together flours, baking powder, baking soda, salt orange peel and Pure Via Stevia sweetener in a large bowl. Stir in buttermilk, oil and eggs; mix until just moistened. Fold in blueberries.
- Divide batter evenly among muffin cups. Sprinkle with oats, if desired. Bake for 20-25 min. or until light golden brown. Cool one minute ; remove from muffin cups.
I will definitely continue to use this product in place of artificial sweetener. A real break through for diabetics and people watching their caloric intake. You have all the benefits of a sweet “sugary” taste with no calories! You have go to love that!!