Copycat Starbucks Gingerbread Loaf
You can now have a Copycat Starbucks Gingerbread Loaf in the comfort of your home and long after it is gone from the store. I had made this recipe to share on AllFreeCopyCatRecipes a few years ago and have never shared it with you.
I was going through the drive thru the other day and saw it on their menu and thought hey, I have made that delicious Gingerbread Loaf before and I don’t think it is on my site either!! I had to change that!! So here is this delicious loaf!!
This would make a great hostess gift with a little coffee from you know where!! Happy Holidays!! Enjoy!!
- 1¾ cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. ground cloves
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- ½ tablespoon fresh ginger, finely grated
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup white sugar
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup apple sauce
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups icing sugar
- Candied ginger, chopped in small squares
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease four mini loaf pans 6x3x2" with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl whisk together the dry ingredients. Set aside. In the bowl of a standup mixer with a paddle attachment cream butter and sugars together. Add eggs one at a time and mix well. Add the apple sauce and sour cream. Add the flour mixture slowly mixing well.
- Pour batter into prepared pans and bake for 30 min. or until a cake tester comes out clean.
- Cool for 5 minutes and then remove from pan, cool completely on racks.
- For the frosting, beat the cream cheese with a hand mixer until soft and light. Add the vanilla and slowly add ½ cup of icing sugar at a time and blend in. Spread the icing on top of the cakes and decorate with the candied ginger.