Energy Balls #SundaySupper
Are you on the road this summer? Need a great snack that the kids will love and not full of nasty ingredients. These Energy Balls are easy to make, no baking required, refrigerate or even better, freeze and are the perfect on the road snack. Plus, they won’t fill your car with a million crumbs like chips or pretzels will.
This Food That Travels #SundaySupper event is being hosted by Marion from Life Tastes Good. Thank you Marion for all your hard work.
These sweet treats will give you the energy you need to with stand a long travel day. They are healthy and full of protein, and fiber but better yet they are delicious.
I have to admit, more than one of these little Energy Balls were popped into my mouth while making them. Try some today and put your favorite ingredients in them or what you have on hand. The whole family will thank you for them. I am now ready for our road trip as these are stowed away in the freezer, waiting for us.
- 1/2 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 cup oats
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 1/3 cup cashews, chopped
- 1/3 cup mini chocolate chips
- MIx all ingredients together and chill. These can also be frozen.
Recipe adapted from Kraft Peanut Butter Snack Bites
Now let’s see what all these wonderful bloggers have up their sleeve for us this week for Food That Travels.
- Almond Flour Brownies by Recipe for Perfection
- Cherry Blueberry Pie by Pies and Plots
- Cherry Pound Cake with Lime Glaze by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Classic Carrot Cake by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- No Bake Banana Pie in a Jar by Our Good Life
- No Bake Millionaire Shortbread Cookies by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Oatmeal Raisin Banana Bars by What Smells So Good?
Mains in Motion
- Baby Back Pork Loin Ribs by The Freshman Cook
- Chicken Salad Skewers by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Cobb Salad in a Jar by Life Tastes Good
- Farro with Eggplant and Tomato by Cooking Chat
- Mediterranean Pasta Salad by Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch
- Pan Bagnat (Provençal Tuna Sandwich) by Curious Cuisiniere
- Pastitsio by Food Done Light
- Roasted Vegetable Tart by Adventures in All Things Food
- Spinach Pie by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Vegan SuperFood Bowl by Sustainable Dad
- Heirloom Tomato Salsa by Nosh My Way
- Parmesan Pasta Salad by Recipes Food and Cooking
- Pomodoro Fresco Pasta Salad by Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Cherry Crumble No-Bake Energy Bars by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Chocolate Zucchini Muffins by Caroline’s Cooking
- Energy Balls by Noshing With The Nolands
- Sunflower Seed Oatmeal Bars by Magnolia Days
- 5 Comfort Food Tips by Sunday Supper Movement
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.