Grilled Clams with Chorizo for Summer BBQ Party #SundaySupper
Who doesn’t love a Summer BBQ Party!!! The bevvies, appys, BBQ, sides and desserts. All this deliciousness around you celebrating summer!! I love it!! Today for you I decided to make Grilled Clams with Chorizo, all wrapped up in individual packets. Perfect for serving and no fuss, no mess!!
This is such a delicious combination of flavors. Opening up that packet and smelling the aroma of clams, wine, chorizo, garlic and butter. It is like a little slice of heaven. These would be perfect for company as they are easy to build, easy to serve and easy for cleanup. You could make smaller packages for an appetizer even.
Try these scrumptious packages at your next cook out. They would work on a open fire too!!
- 12 clams for each packet (36 for three servings)
- 1 tsp. Kosher salt
- Fresh ground pepper
- Olive oil
- 2-3 cooked Chorizo sausage
- 1/2 onion, finely diced
- 1/2 red pepper, finely diced
- 1/2 tsp. garlic paste in each package
- 2 oz. white wine in each package
- 1/2 Tbsp. butter for each package
- Parsley for garnish
- Make three foil packets using about 2' by 2' of foil. Fill each with 12 clams, 1/3 tsp salt, pepper, drizzle of olive oil, 1/3 of the sausage, onion and red pepper. Mix the 2 oz. of white wine with the garlic paste and add to each package. Top with a dab of butter.
- Fold the foil up tightly to form a packet. Heat the BBQ to medium (375F) and put the packages on the grill. Close the lid and cook for 10-12 min. Shake each pouch gently after 7 min. and continue to cook. Alternatively cook on an open fire grill, shaking gently every few minutes.
- Open up packages and garnish with parsley. Serve immediately with crusty bread or buns for dipping.
Recipe adapted from Michael Symon.
Look at all the deliciousness for our Summer BBQ Party. I can’t wait to visit them all and I hope you do too!!!
- Best Wines For A Summer BBQ Party from ENOFYLZ Wine Blog
- Grilled Peach and Cinnamon Whiskey Sour from Peaceful Cooking
- How To Make Fresh Squeezed Lemonade from Life Tastes Good
- Stone Fruit Sangria from Because I Like Chocolate
- Strawberry Lemonade from Basic N Delicious
- BBQ Stuffed Calimari from Jane’s Adventure in Dinner
Sides and Accompaniments
- Cucumber Salad with Blackberry Browned Butter Vinaigrette from Nik Snacks
- Grilled Corn on the Cob with Lime Butter from The Redhead Baker
- Jacques’ Cucumber Salad with Onions from Food Lust People Love
- Mom’s Classic Macaroni Salad from Webicurean
- Roasted Strawberry BBQ Sauce from Bobby’s Kozy Kitchen
- Two Tomato Chutney from What Smells So Good?
- Asian-Style Pasta with Gochujang Peanut Sauce from Wallflour Girl
- Barbecue Ribs from girlichef
- Bistecca from Confessions of a Culinary Diva
- Competition Baby Back Ribs with Apple-Bourbon Barbecue Sauce from Crazy Foodie Stunts
- Grilled Cedar Plank Salmon from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Grilled Clams with Chorizo from Noshing With The Nolands
- Grilled Sanma from A Mama, Baby & Shar-pei in the Kitchen
- Grilled Shrimp with Lemon Basil from Nosh My Way
- Grilled Swordfish and Eggplant with Fusilli and Tomatoes from Cooking Chat
- Grilled Wings from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Lemon Oregano Spatchcock Chicken from Kudos Kitchen by Renee
- Mango Beef Kebabs from Curious Cuisiniere
- Steak Skewers with Chimichurri from Jelly Toast
- Sweet and Tangy Blueberry BBQ Chicken Pizza from Simply Gourmet
- Amazing S’mores 7-Layer Bars from Flavor Mosaic
- Banana Pudding Pie from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Blackberry Cake from Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Blueberry and Raspberry Galette from Rhubarb and Honey
- Farm Stand Blackberry Buckle from The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Grilled Peach Crumble from Try Anything Once Culinary
- Grilled Peaches with Mascarpone Cream and Sweet Balsamic Syrup from La Bella Vita Cucina
- Hot Fudge Ice Cream Pie from Melanie Makes
- Old Fashioned Sour Cherry Pie from Pies and Plots
- Pineapple Upside Down Cake from Take A Bite Out of Boca
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.