This is my first foray into #SundaySuppers and I am so glad to be part of this group of fabulous bloggers with this Grilled Lemon Pepper Chicken with a Yogurt Dill Sauce and a Greek Salad. What a supportive and caring group of individuals. I am very impressed so far.
It has been a bit of a learning curve as there are many avenues of communication with this group and I am enjoying exploring them. The group was founded by Isabel Laessig or also known as Isabel Foodie. She is a keen organizer and has her fingers on the pulse of what is going on out there in the food world.
#SundaySupper has a mission to get families back to eating together around the supper table. To enjoy each other’s company and the food. I am so happy to be part of it. I would also like to say a thank you to Nicole Humphrey Cook for hosting this week.
Back to School Meals
This week we are featuring Back to School Meals. I am very blessed to have a child that is very easy to please, to say the least. She eats everything I put in front of her which is how we raised her. This so helps not only with what I can pack in her lunch but what I can serve her for dinner.
With the fall coming and back to school we are on the run in the evenings and it is nice to get a meal together in 30 min. or less that is healthy, nutritious, and easy. This is the only way I really enjoy chicken breast. They stay nice and moist when cooked quickly. You will be thrilled to add this meal and all the others to your crazy busy weeknight menu. Enjoy!!
- 4 Chicken Breasts pounded out thinly
- Lemon pepper
- Cooking Spray
Yogurt Dill Sauce
- 1 cup Greek-style yogurt or sour cream
- 2 Tbsp. fresh dill
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 3 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1 sprig oregano, minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 cups grape tomatoes, halved
- 4 small cucumbers, large diced
- 6 romaine lettuce leaves torn
- 1 yellow pepper, large diced
- 1/2 red onion, large diced
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta
- Make the yogurt dill sauce first by mixing the yogurt, dill, lemon juice, garlic, salt and pepper together. Refrigerate.
- In a jar mix together the olive oil, vinegar, oregano and salt and pepper. Shake well and set aside.
- Season pounded out chicken breasts with lemon pepper and grill on a grill pan sprayed with oil heated on medium heat for 4-5 min. aside or until cooked through.
- While chicken is cooking toss the veggies in a bowl together with the dressing and the feta.
- Serve the salad once the chicken is done with the yogurt dill sauce.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 510Total Fat: 28gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 19gCholesterol: 124mgSodium: 514mgCarbohydrates: 19gFiber: 3gSugar: 10gProtein: 46g
Recipe calculation was provided by Nutritionix and is estimation only. If you need nutritional calculations for medical reasons, please use a source that you trust
- Grilled Chicken Caesar Salad by Magnolia Days
- Double Duty Fajita Chicken: Nachos Supreme and Enchiladas by Doggie at the Dinner Table
- Gluten-Free Pepper Steak with Rice by No One Likes Crumbley Cookies
- Crispy Ravioli in Cherry Tomato Sauce by Shockingly Delicious
- BLT Soup by Meal Planning Magic
- Korean Pan-Fried Fish by Kimchi Mom
- Deconstructed Enchiladas by In the Kitchen with KP
- Croque Monsieurs by Juanita’s Cocina
- Summer Squash and Mushroom Quesadillas by Chocolate Moosey
- Seared Lamb on a bed of Mashed potatoes with Artichoke Hearts by Cooking Underwriter
- Garlicky Pasta with Swiss Chard and Beans by Webicurean
- Baked Spanish Tortilla by Happy Baking Days
- Pollo a la Crema by La Cocina de Leslie
- Baked Tilapia Fish Tacos by Home Cooking Memories
- Grilled Lemon Pepper Chicken with a Yogurt Dill sauce and a Greek Salad by Noshing with the Nolands
- Ricotta – Tofu Tomato Toasts by Yummy Smells
- One-Pot Spicy Asian Chicken and Rice by Hezzi D
- Turkey Italian Brown Rice Casserole by Momma’s Meals
- Flatbread Pizza with Cilantro Garlic Sauce by Mom’s Test Kitchen
- Cashew Chicken Stir-fry by Diabetic Foodie
- Chicken Bacon Avocado Quesadillas by Dinners, Dishes and Desserts
- Potluck Casserole with Cornbread Stuffing by Cindy’s Recipes & Writings
- Jerk Chicken Chili by Mrs. Mama Hen
- Loaded Chicken and Steak Stuffed Potatoes by Big Bears Wife
- Steamed Tofu Serve with Fried Mix Vegetables by My Trials in the Kitchen
- Pasta with sausage and cherry tomatoes by Tora’s Real Food
- Chicken Ravioli with Peas and Bacon by Daddy Knows Less
- Quick N Easy Thai Coconut Shrimp Stir Fry by Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- Whole Wheat Pizza with Hummus & Fresh Greens by Family Spice
- Speedy ‘n Spicy Shrimp Pasta by The Weekend Gourmet
- End of Summer Grilled Peach and Chicken Salad by Sustainable Dad
- Weeknight Stir Fry by From Fast Food to Fresh Food
- Baked Egg with Mushrooms and Bacon by Pippi’s in the Kitchen Again
- Taco Bake by Daily Dish Recipes
- Fried Rice and Black Beans by Mama’s Blissful Bites
- Chicken with Broccoli, Sun-dried Tomatoes and Bow Ties by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Pasta in Tomato sauce and turkey meatballs by Basic & Delicious
- Pasta Primavera by Midlife Road Trip
- Tots Your Tots Will Love by The Hand that Rocks the Ladle
If you enjoy live Twitter chat come and join us. We will be sharing great family recipes all day and want you to share yours with us! Join us at 7pm ET for our #SundaySupper Chat. Follow us on twitter by using hashtag #Sundaysupper or using Tweetchat. The subject this Sunday is back to school. Hope to see you there!!