We had a big beautiful sweet potato leftover from making fries awhile back. I decided to make this Roasted Sweet Potato and Quinoa Soup. My family loves my soup creations. Amber adores homemade soup any time of the year. She is not a big fan of canned soups but put a bowl of any kind of homemade soup in front of her and she is very happy.
We had the little panko topping over at friends of ours Deb and Dave’s on a fabulous gazpacho soup and I thought it would add something to this soup too! So easy to make and adds that extra oomph!!
- 1 very large sweet potato
- 1/2 large sweet onion, diced
- 2 carrots, diced
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil, divided
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- 900 ml. chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1/2 cup Panko crumbs
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 1/3 cup finely grated Parmesan
- Parsley for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400F. Peel and large dice sweet potato. Place sweet potato on a rimmed baking sheet and drizzle with 2 Tbsp. olive oil and sea salt. Roast in the oven for 20 min. In a large pot saute onion, garlic and carrot in the remaining 1 Tbsp. olive oil until tender. Add potato to the onion mixture and add the chicken stock. Simmer for 20-30 min. until all vegetables are completely tender. With a hand blender or standup blender mix until pureed. Adjust seasoning. Add quinoa and reheat.
- For the panko topping, melt the butter in a small fry pan and add the panko and cook until lightly browned. Add the parmesan and stir to combine.
- Top each bowl of soup with the panko crumbs and garnish with the parsley.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 608Total Fat: 34gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 22gCholesterol: 135mgSodium: 639mgCarbohydrates: 36gFiber: 5gSugar: 7gProtein: 39g
Recipe calculation was provided by Nutritionix and is estimation only. If you need nutritional calculations for medical reasons, please use a source that you trust