Heart-Shaped White Chocolate Cakes with Raspberry Cream
Valentine’s Day is soon approaching and at #SundaySupper that is what we are featuring this week. It is a fun time of year to show family and friends that you care and love them.
I was thinking of doing something savory this week. Like a romantic dinner but when I was cleaning out the pantry, and that is a nightmare of a job. I came across my heart-shaped mini cake pan and that was all the inspiration I needed.
Immediately thought of white chocolate and raspberries but had to come up with a recipe. I tweaked one I had done before and then decided to cut out the middle of the cake creating a perfect activity for a wonderful raspberry flavored cream.
Yum were these good. Amber of course devoured them!! Valentine just came a bit early for the Nolands!!
Happy Valentine’s Day!!
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 1¼ cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp. French Vanilla Coffeemate
- 2 cups cake flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 cup plain yogurt or sour cream
- 4 oz. melted white chocolate
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 2 oz. white chocolate, melted and cooled
- 2 Tbsp. seedless raspberry jam
- Fresh raspberries
- Icing sugar
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease and flour a six-cup mini heart-shaped pan.
- In a large bowl of a standup mixer with a paddle attachment blend butter and sugar together for 2 min. on medium speed until light and fluffy. Add eggs, vanilla extract, and coffee-mate and blend.
- Mix flour with salt and baking soda and add to the mixture. Mix in the yogurt/sour cream and the white chocolate that has been cooled but still melted. Beat for 2 min. scraping down the bowl often.
- Divide the batter among the cavities to ¾ full. I also made three cupcakes for the size of the pan I had. Don’t overfill as you won’t have a pretty result with them oozing over the edge.
- Bake for 20-25min. Cool in pan for 10 min. Invert onto the rack and cool completely.
- Cut the middle from the cakes and set aside.
- Whip the whipping cream until stiff peaks and gently fold in the cooled chocolate and raspberry jam. You may see the little tiny bits of chocolate but they melt in your mouth when you are eating the cream.
- Place whipping cream in a piping bag and fill the center of each cake.
- Sprinkle with icing sugar and fresh raspberries. Serve at once.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 913Total Fat: 42gSaturated Fat: 26gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 14gCholesterol: 157mgSodium: 619mgCarbohydrates: 124gFiber: 1gSugar: 87gProtein: 11g
Recipe calculation was provided by Nutritionix and is estimation only. If you need nutritional calculations for medical reasons, please use a source that you trust.
Make sure you check out the other #SundaySupper participants to see what they’ve made for our Valentine’s Day #SundaySupper!
#SundaySupper Valentine’s Day Breakfasts, Apps & Main Dishes:
- Asparagus, Clam & Bay Shrimp Pasta from Galactopdx
- Bacon Double Cheese Burger Bites from In the Kitchen with KP
- Cheese Stuffed Cannelloni from Curious Cuisiniere
- Green Olive, Goat Cheese & Basil Crostini from Hip Foodie Mom
- Indian Shrimp Pulao from Soni’s Food
- Individual Beef “Phyll-ingtons” from Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Ranch, Bacon and Cheese Crisps from Daily Dish Recipes
- Red Velvet Pancakes with Cream Cheese Frosting from Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Spicy Red Cabbage Quiche | Veggie Quiche Recipe from Masala Herb
#SundaySupper Valentine’s Day Sweet Eats:
- Banana Cream Napoleon from Food Lust People Love
- Chocolate Baumkuchen from Webicurean
- Chocolate Bread Pudding from La Cocina de Leslie
- Chocolate Covered Bacon from I Run For Wine
- Chocolate Mousse from Mom, What’s For Dinner?
- Nutella Cream Filled Chocolate Roll from Basic N Delicious
- Chocolate Velvet Ice Cream with Cherry Sauce from Vintage Kitchen Notes
- Coconut Sweetheart Cookies from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Coeur a la Creme from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Cream Cheese Mints from Simply Gourmet
- Dark Chocolate Pomegranate Mousse with Coconut Cream from Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- #GlutenFree Chocolate Almond Cloudless Cake from Cooking Underwriter
- Heart-Shaped White Chocolate Cakes with Raspberry Cream from Noshing with the Nolands
- Homemade Cherry Mash Candies from Juanita’s Cocina
- Meyer Lemon Marmalade from Shockingly Delicious
- Raspberry Custard Tart from Kudos Kitchen
- Raw Fudge Love from Mama’s Blissful Bites
- Red Velvet Cheesecake Brownies from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Red Velvet French Macarons with White Chocolate Cream Cheese Filling from The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen
- Ice Cream Red Velvet Sandwiches from Cravings of a Lunatic
- Red Velvet Sandwich Cookies from Magnolia Days
- Red Velvet Sugar Cookie Bars from Chocolate Moosey
- Tres Leches Tea Cakes with Honey Riesling Soaked Fruit from Neighborfood
- Valentine’s Bakewell Tarts from Happy Baking Days
- Valentines Chocolate Apples from Big Bear’s Wife
#SundaySupper Valentine’s Day Drinks:
- Blood Orange Vodka Martinis from The Catholic Foodie
#SundaySupper Valentine’s Day Tablescape: A Romantic Table For Two Please from An Appealing Plan
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on Twitter today to talk all about Valentine’s eats and treats! We’ll tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET and you do not want to miss out on the fun. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag, and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. Check out our #SundaySupper Pinterest board for more fabulous recipes and food photos!