Individual Puff Pastry Chicken Pot Pies
Want to have something delicious coming in from the cold, try these scrumptious Individual Puff Pastry Chicken Pots Pies. Fluffy crispy pastry atop a yummy creamy veggie and chicken filling. All the flavors of winter veggies that are found in any grocery store along with readily available spices will not have you fretting over ingredients. Easy to make, especially with puff pastry. Put your feet up while it bakes in the oven.
- I Tbsp. olive oil
- 1.5 lbs. chicken breast, cubed
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 tsp. garlic paste, or two cloves garlic
- 1 small sweet onion, diced
- 1 cup carrots, diced
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 1 1/2 cups potatoes, diced
- 1 tsp. dried thyme
- 2 tsp. parsley paste or 1 Tbsp. fresh parsley chopped
- 900 ml. sodium-reduced chicken stock
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 2 sheets frozen puff pastry
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tsp. water
- In a medium fry pan saute the chicken until cooked through in the olive oil. Salt and pepper while cooking. Remove from pan and set aside.
- In the same pan, melt the butter and saute the onion, carrots, celery, potato, garlic, thyme, parsley, and season with salt and pepper. Continue cooking and stirring until veggies are soft.
- Pour in 1 cup chicken broth and stir. Add the flour and continue stirring until the mixture thickens. Cook for 1 min. Pour in the remaining broth while stirring and bring mixture to a boil.
- Return the chicken to the pan and add the corn and peas. Bring the mixture up to a simmer and continue to cook for 15 min.
- Preheat oven to 375F. Pour the mixture into four medium-sized ramekins. Roll out the puff pastry dividing one sheet for two pies, top the bowls, and trim.
- Mix the egg with the water and brush the tops of the pies. Cut vents with a sharp knife.
- Place bowls on a baking sheet and bake in the oven until the top is golden brown and the filling is bubbling, about 25-30 min.
- Take out of the oven and let cool as the inside will be very hot.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 968Total Fat: 44gSaturated Fat: 19gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 22gCholesterol: 259mgSodium: 934mgCarbohydrates: 74gFiber: 8gSugar: 14gProtein: 69g
Recipe calculation was provided by Nutritionix and is estimation only. If you need nutritional calculations for medical reasons, please use a source that you trust.