It is game day here on #SundaySupper and we are bringing loads of fun eats for the big game. Still undecided what to make, we have lots to share with you, something for everyone.
I decided to make these scrumptious Italian Spring Rolls. I didn’t want a pizza roll with all the sauce and everything in them. I wanted the toppings of a pizza and everything sliced up thinly like in a spring roll. I had a vision!!
These Italian Spring Rolls turned out fabulous with all the flavor of my favorite toppings on a pizza rolled up in a buttery, crispy, flaky crust. Dunk them in some pizza sauce and you will be cheering for these along with your favorite team!!
Sorry I had to nibble on one, I couldn’t take it any longer!!!
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 green pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tsp. Italian spices paste or dried
- 1 tsp. garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup mozzarella, grated, packed
- 1 cup cheddar, grated, packed
- 100 gm. thinly sliced pepperoni, slivered
- 16 sheets phyllo dough
- Butter, melted
- In a large fry pan saute the peppers and onions with the garlic and Italian herbs in the olive oil until tender. Season with salt and pepper. Remove from heat and let cool completely.
- When the pepper mixture is completely cool, add the cheeses and the pepperoni.
- Preheat oven to 350F. Lay out one phyllo sheet covering the rest with a damp cloth. Brush the phyllo sparingly with the butter. Lay a second sheet on top. Cut the sheets into four equal squares or quarters. Spoon about 1½-2 Tbsp. of the cheese mixture at the bottom of each square. Roll up and about half way up turn the sides inward to seal. With a small amount of butter seal the roll and place on a rimmed baking sheet. Butter the top of the roll. Repeat until all the rolls are filled.
- Bake for 10-12 min. until phyllo is browned. Let rest 5 min. and then serve with pizza sauce for dipping.
I hope you try these and love them as much as we do, ENJOY!!!
Come and see all the delicious recipes we have for you today!!!
Game Day Appetizers:
- Honey Mustard Pretzel Crunch from Shockingly Delicious
- Salt and Vinegar Wings from Casa de Crews
- Saucy Wings and Thighs from Hot Momma’s Kitchen Chaos
- Macaroni and Cheese Spring Rolls from Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Steak Rolls from Cravings of a Lunatic
- Alpine Sliders from Manu’s Menu
- Hellfire Wings from Yours and Mine Are Ours
- Easy Nacho Bar from Momma’s Meals
- Jalapeno Popper Taquitos from Curious Cuisiniere
- Skinny Game Day Guacamole Potato Skins from Daily Dish Recipes
- Buffalo Chicken Lasagna Cups from Alida’s Kitchen
- Spinach-Stuffed Jalapeno Poppers from La Cocina de Leslie
- BBQ Veggie Mini Burgers from Happy Baking Days
- Spicy Roasted Corn Shrimp Dip from Food Lust People Love
- Honey-Sriracha Pigs in a Blanket from Hip Foodie Mom
- Beer Cheese Fondue from Melanie Makes
- Cheesy Artichoke and Garlic Bread from La Bella Vita Cucina
- Whole Wheat Pepperoni Pizza Bites from Meal Planning Magic
- Personal Chili Pots from MealDiva
- Italian Spring Rolls from Noshing with The Nolands
- Mexican Meatballs with Queso Blanco from Cooking on the Ranch
- Parmigiano Crisps from The Not So Cheesy Kitchen
- Buffalo Chicken Potstickers from Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Mediterranean Nachos from The Little Ferraro Kitchen
- Chinese Barbecue Wings from girlichef
- Mini Veggie Quesadillas from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Roasted Tomato Hummus from The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Cashew Baba Ghanoush : Roasted Eggplant Dip from Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- Lemon Bay Pan Roasted Shrimp from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventure
- Honey Sesame Seed Crackers from Kudos Kitchen By Renee
Game Day Entrees:
- Super Sloppy Joes from The Foodie Army Wife
- Buffalo Chicken Chili from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Mini Meatball and Mozzarella Sandwiches from Cookin’ Mimi
- Vegetarian “Chorizo” and Black Bean Chili from Foxes Love Lemons
- Twice Baked Chili Cheese Potatoes from Neighborfood
- Barbecue Chicken Sloppy Sandwiches from Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Easy Vegetarian Chili from Delaware Girl Eats
- Game Day Chili from Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Dr. Pepper Turkey Chili from The Texan New Yorker
Game Day Desserts:
- Heavenly Hash Cookies from The Foodie Patootie
- Cookie Dough Billionaire Bars from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Chocolate Streusel Bars from Magnolia Days
- Coffee Chocolate Swirl Cheesecake Squares from Desserts Required
- Microwave Caramel Popcorn from Pies and Plots
- Mini Coconut Cups from Basic N Delicious
- Triple Chocolate S’mores Brownies from Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Cracker Jack Candy from What Smells So Good?
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter every Sunday!
We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world.
Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag
and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat.
our #SundaySupper Pinterest board for more fabulous recipes and food photos.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy! You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.