Cranberry Lemon Almond Muffins
I asked on my Facebook page what people were wanting to see for my 5 Days of …. Eggs won out but I did get votes for muffins and smoothies too, so I did a few muffins, a few smoothies, and 5 Days of Eggs coming soon.
I had asked Amber our daughter what she would like for a muffin and she picked Blueberry Muffins, this one the Cranberry Lemon Almond Muffins were my pick.
I love the sweet-tart flavor of cranberries and this recipe has the added flavors of lemon and almonds. Oh so good!!!
I didn’t adjust much from this recipe that I found at All Recipes.com, the ingredients are the same, I did up the cranberries a bit and then the sugar. I did change the method up though as to how I make muffins.
These muffins turned out to be great, I loved this flavor combination of cranberries, lemon, and almonds. They are tender moist and delicious!!
Here is a peek inside. Amber loved these just as much as her blueberry muffins!!!
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 Tbsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup canola
- 1 1/2 cups cranberries fresh or frozen
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds
- Preheat oven to 400F. Line 15 muffin cups with paper liners.
- Whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl and set aside. In the bowl of a stand-up mixer with a paddle attachment.
- Cream together oil and sugar. Beat in eggs until smooth.
- Mix milk and lemon juice together, it will curdle but don't worry. Now alternately add the milk mixture and the flour until all is combined. Fold in the nuts and cranberries.
- Fill the muffin liners to almost full. Bake for 18-20 min. until nicely browned and the tops bounce back when lightly touched.
- Cool for 5 min. and then remove from the pan to completely cool on a cooling rack.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 15 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 172Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 26mgSodium: 193mgCarbohydrates: 36gFiber: 1gSugar: 21gProtein: 4g
Recipe calculation was provided by Nutritionix and is estimation only. If you need nutritional calculations for medical reasons, please use a source that you trust.
Recipe adapted from All Recipes.com
Try this easy muffin recipe, I hope you will love it as much as we did!! Enjoy!!