Chicken Couscous Wraps
Want a delicious and nutritious dinner in no time, well I have it here for you today. These Chicken Couscous Wraps is a recipe is from a friend of mine, Marie, who is also a fan of the site.
This is a recipe I got from her a couple of years ago and we made it a few times and really liked the wonderful flavors in this easy wrap. I came across it again and it worked for the most hectic of nights.
I had an evening meeting for BonBon magazine that I am now an editor for and Ken had to work late. Everything was all ready to be assembled for a late-night meal and it was as delicious as I remembered.
This one is a keeper!!
Spicy chicken and smokey jalapenos with creamy avocado and couscous, you have it all in this wrap!!!
- 3 jalapeno peppers
- 1/4 cup light mayo
- 1 Tbsp. canola oil
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
- 3 skinless chicken breasts
- 2/3 cup couscous
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 2 Tbsp. canola oil
- 2 Tbsp. lime juice
- 1/2 tsp. sugar
- pinch of pepper
- half of an avocado, diced
- 1/2 cup kernel corn
- 1 plum tomato
- Tortilla shells
- On a baking sheet, broil the jalapeno peppers, turning occasionally, for 7-10 min. or until blackened. Let cool slightly. Remove skins and seeds, chop finely.
- Stir 1 tsp. of the chopped jalapeno into the mayo and set aside.
- In a bowl, mix the couscous with salt. Add 2/3 cup boiling water, stir once then cover and set aside for 10 min.
- Whisk together the remaining jalapeno, oil, lime juice, 1 Tbsp. water, sugar, and pepper. Stir into couscous. Stir in avocado, corn, and tomato.
- Meanwhile, stir together oil, chili powder, and oregano, and then brush all over the chicken. Broil on a greased baking sheet for about 5 min. per side or until chicken is no longer pink inside. You can BBQ the chicken if you prefer. Cut chicken into thin strips.
- Take tortilla shells of your choice and spread the mayo mixture over each tortilla, leaving a 1" border.
- Starting just below the center of the tortilla, mound couscous filling, top with chicken, and fold and roll up as usual for a tortilla.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 452Total Fat: 24gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 19gCholesterol: 84mgSodium: 449mgCarbohydrates: 27gFiber: 5gSugar: 3gProtein: 33g
Recipe calculation was provided by Nutritionix and is estimation only. If you need nutritional calculations for medical reasons, please use a source that you trust.