Eggs in Purgatory for Valentine’s Day Recipes for Two #SundaySupper
Today we are sharing Valentine’s Day Recipes for Two. I wanted to try something that I have never made before and what came to mind was Eggs in Purgatory. This is a sexy, shareable meal, made just for two.
You can share this for breakfast, brunch, lunch, or dinner, making it perfect for Valentine’s Day!! You can make it a spicy as you want.
I shared this with my daughter so I stuck with the recipe but you can also add sliced jalapenos to kick it up a notch!!!
Sprinkled with a little parsley and capers!! Now diving right in!! I love a runny egg and toast as a dipper. Sharing this dish with the one you love will have everyone happy!
Here it is fresh and hot from the oven before the toppings are on!
I love that there is a little heat to this dish, you can amp it up even more with some hot sauce if you and your loved ones like it spicy!! Happy Valentine’s Day, ENJOY!!!
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 small onion, diced
- 1 tsp. garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp. Italian herb paste or dried herbs
- 1 Tbsp. tomato paste
- 1 398 ml. can diced tomatoes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup Parmesan
- 2 Tbsp. parsley, chopped
- 1 tsp. capers
- Toasted bread
- Saute the onion and garlic in olive oil in a small saucepan until the onion is translucent. Add the red pepper flakes, Italian herb paste, salt, and pepper, and saute for one minute.
- Add the tomato paste and stir to combine and cook for 1 min. longer. Add the diced tomatoes and bring up to a simmer and cook for 15-20 min. or until desired thickness. Adjust seasoning.
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Remove sauce to a small crock or large ramekin type dish. Alternatively, you can cook the sauce in a cast iron pan on the stove and finish cooking your eggs in there.
- Make two holes in the sauce to add your eggs into. Crack the eggs carefully.
- Top with the Parmesan cheese and place in the oven with a lid or foil for 10 min. Cook uncovered for 5 min. or until the eggs are cooked to the desired consistency.
- Remove from heat and sprinkle with parsley and capers. Serve with toast.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 269Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 197mgSodium: 778mgCarbohydrates: 20gFiber: 5gSugar: 8gProtein: 13g
Recipe calculation was provided by Nutritionix and is estimation only. If you need nutritional calculations for medical reasons, please use a source that you trust.
- Bacon-Wrapped Dates Stuffed with Ricotta from Casa de Crews
- Kumquat Vanilla Marmalade from Shockingly Delicious
- Bacon Crusted Beer Mac and Cheese from Melanie Makes
- Baked Crab Cakes with Lemongrass-Ginger Mayo from The Weekend Gourmet
- Baked Pasta with Sausage and Fontina from The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Baked Tilapia En Papillote from It’s Yummi!
- Eggs in Purgatory from Noshing with the Nolands
- Flambéed Veal Chops from MealDiva
- Homemade Philly Cheesesteak Stromboli from In The Kitchen With KP
- Meyer Lemon Butter Sauce Prawns with Linguine from Food Lust People Love
- Pan Seared Scallops with Lemon-Basil Beurre Blanc, Pancetta, Apples and Fennel from Crazy Foodie Stunts
- Pan-Seared Scallops with Linguine and Tomato-Cream Sauce from Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Salmon Pakoras from Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Swiss Fondue for Two from Curious Cuisiniere
- White Queso Mac and Cheese for Two from Daily Dish Recipes
Decadent Desserts and Drinks:
- Baked Custard from Magnolia Days
- Cherry Spritzer Ice Cream Float from Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Chocolate Budino with Strawberry Hearts from Manu’s Menu
- Chocolate Malt Bread Pudding from Alida’s Kitchen
- Chocolate Marshmallow Duets from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Chocolate Pots de Crème from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Fresh Berry Parfait with Crème Anglaise from Hip Foodie Mom
- Fudgy Dark Chocolate Brownies with Raspberry Sauce from La Bella Vita Cucina
- Funfetti Strawberry Cheesecake Trifle from Take a Bite Out of Boca
- German Rose Water Sugar Cookies For Two from Killer Bunnies, Inc.
- Gluten Free Chocolate Hazelnut Truffles from Gluten Free Crumbley
- Gluten-Free Deep Dish Hot Fudge Brownies for Two from Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Ice Cream Stuffed Crepes with Nutella and Fresh Berries from Neighborfood
- Malawian Mbatata Cookies with Coconut Cream from Happy Baking Days
- Orange-scented Bread Pudding with Hard Sauce for Two from girlichef
- Pistachio Pudding For Two (From Scratch) from Chocolate Moosey
- Valentine’s Cupcakes with a Surprise from From the Bookshelf
- White Hot Chocolate from Pies and Plots
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter every Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat.
Check out our #SundaySupper Pinterest board for more fabulous recipes and food photos.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy! You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.