Eggs in Purgatory for Valentine’s Day Recipes for Two #SundaySupper
Today we are sharing Valentine’s Day Recipes for Two. I wanted to try something that I have never made before and what came to mind was Eggs in Purgatory. This is a sexy, shareable meal, made just for two.
You can share this for breakfast, brunch, lunch or dinner, making it perfect for Valentine’s Day!! You can make it a spicy as you want. I shared this with my daughter so I stuck with the recipe but you can also add sliced jalapenos to kick it up a notch!!!
Sprinkled with a little parsley and capers!! Now diving right in!! I love a runny egg and toast as a dipper. Sharing this dish with the one you love will have everyone happy!
Her it is fresh and hot from the oven before the toppings are on!
I love that there is a little heat to this dish, you can amp it up even more with some hot sauce if you and your loved one likes it spicy!! Happy Valentine’s Day, ENJOY!!!
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- ½ small onion, diced
- 1 tsp. garlic, minced
- ½ tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp. Italian herb paste or dried herbs
- 1 Tbsp. tomato paste
- 1 398 ml. can diced tomatoes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup Parmesan
- 2 Tbsp. parsley, chopped
- 1 tsp. capers
- Toasted bread
- Saute the onion and garlic in the olive oil in small saucepan until the onion is translucent. Add the red pepper flakes, Italian herb paste, salt and pepper and saute for one minute. Add the tomato paste and stir to combine and cook 1 min. longer. Add the diced tomatoes and bring up to a simmer and cook for 15-20 min. or until desired thickness. Adjust seasoning. Preheat oven to 400F.
- Remove sauce to a small crock or large ramekin type dish. Alternatively you can cook the sauce in a cast iron pan on the stove and finish cooking your eggs in there.
- Make two holes in the sauce to add your eggs into. Crack the eggs carefully. Top with the Parmesan cheese and place in oven with a lid or foil for 10 min. Cook uncovered to 5 min. or until the eggs are cooked to the desired consistency.
- Remove from heat and sprinkle with parsley and capers. Serve with toast.
- Bacon-Wrapped Dates Stuffed with Ricotta from Casa de Crews
- Kumquat Vanilla Marmalade from Shockingly Delicious
- Southwestern Meatballs wrapped in Bacon from Momma’s Meals
- Bacon Crusted Beer Mac and Cheese from Melanie Makes
- Baked Crab Cakes with Lemongrass-Ginger Mayo from The Weekend Gourmet
- Baked Pasta with Sausage and Fontina from The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Baked Tilapia En Papillote from It’s Yummi!
- Chicken and Mushroom Alfredo from Cookin’ Mimi
- Eggs in Purgatory from Noshing with the Nolands
- Flambéed Veal Chops from MealDiva
- Homemade Philly Cheesesteak Stromboli from In The Kitchen With KP
- Meyer Lemon Butter Sauce Prawns with Linguine from Food Lust People Love
- Pan Seared Scallops with Lemon-Basil Beurre Blanc, Pancetta, Apples and Fennel from Crazy Foodie Stunts
- Pan-Seared Scallops with Linguine and Tomato-Cream Sauce from Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Roasted Vegetable Lasagna for Two from Hot Momma’s Kitchen Chaos
- Salmon Pakoras from Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Swiss Fondue for Two from Curious Cuisiniere
- White Queso Mac and Cheese for Two from Daily Dish Recipes
Decadent Desserts and Drinks:
- Baked Custard from Magnolia Days
- Cherry Spritzer Ice Cream Float from Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Chocolate Budino with Strawberry Hearts from Manu’s Menu
- Chocolate Malt Bread Pudding from Alida’s Kitchen
- Chocolate Marshmallow Duets from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Chocolate Pots de Crème from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Fresh Berry Parfait with Crème Anglaise from Hip Foodie Mom
- Fudgy Dark Chocolate Brownies with Raspberry Sauce from La Bella Vita Cucina
- Funfetti Strawberry Cheesecake Trifle from Take a Bite Out of Boca
- German Rose Water Sugar Cookies For Two from Killer Bunnies, Inc.
- Gluten Free Chocolate Hazelnut Truffles from Gluten Free Crumbley
- Gluten-Free Deep Dish Hot Fudge Brownies for Two from Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Ice Cream Stuffed Crepes with Nutella and Fresh Berries from Neighborfood
- Malawian Mbatata Cookies with Coconut Cream from Happy Baking Days
- Orange-scented Bread Pudding with Hard Sauce for Two from girlichef
- Pecan-Crusted Coconut Custards with Brandied Banana Sauce from The Texan New Yorker
- Pistachio Pudding For Two (From Scratch) from Chocolate Moosey
- Valentine’s Cupcakes with a Surprise from From the Bookshelf
- White Hot Chocolate from Pies and Plots
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter every Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat.
Check out our #SundaySupper Pinterest board for more fabulous recipes and food photos.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy! You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.