Slow Cooker Beef Stroganoff
Need a delicious meal for fall/winter?? I sure have it for you today, Slow Cooker Beef Stroganoff!!! Running like a crazed person like myself, your slow cooker should be your best friend.
I love pulling it out and coming up with a recipe. My family loves it even more, as when they come home the house is swirling with the wonderful aromas of a delicious dinner cooking away.
I have to say I am thrilled to be part of the AllFreeSlowCookerRecipes’s top 100 recipes, come and see all that everyone has to offer in that great post!!
This meal was a show stopper and I got rave reviews from both hubby and daughter. They will be thrilled when I make it again for them.
Delicious tender slices of beef mingled together with onion, mushroom, and carrots all floating in a rich and delicious wine-infused sour cream gravy.
My potatoes turned out so light and fluffy and went so lovely with the stroganoff instead of noodles. This is pure comfort food and something you will love to make again and again!
Slow cooker meals are so satisfying and so easy to pull together. Stroganoff started off in Russia in the mid 19th century and is still loved to this day!
- 2 lbs. beef round steak, sliced thinly 3" long
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 tsp. salt
- Pepper to taste
- 1 tsp. dry mustard
- Cooking spray
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 1 tsp. thyme
- 2 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 2 large carrots, sliced
- 7 oz. mushrooms, sliced
- 10 oz. can beef broth
- 10 oz. white wine
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream
- Mashed potatoes
- Whisk flour, salt, pepper, and dry mustard together. Toss in steak and cover well with the flour.
- Spray the slow cooker with cooking spray and add steak and flour.
- Add the carrots, onions, and mushrooms. Add the beef broth and wine and stir to combine.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 hours. You may want to stir this once or twice as it may stick a little.
- Before serving add the sour cream and heat through. Serve over fluffy mashed potatoes.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 1104Total Fat: 66gSaturated Fat: 28gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 28gCholesterol: 268mgSodium: 1218mgCarbohydrates: 37gFiber: 4gSugar: 9gProtein: 74g
Recipe calculation was provided by Nutritionix and is estimation only. If you need nutritional calculations for medical reasons, please use a source that you trust.
Recipe adapted from Cooks.com
Pull out that slow cooker and thrill your family with this scrumptious meal. ENJOY!!!