Here is another cute meal that your whole family will love, Alphabet Soup. My daughter Amber found the alphabet pasta in a Mexican grocery store of all places and asked if I could make her this alphabet soup.
To be honest with you they got tucked away in the pantry and kind of forgotten about until I came across them again and decided to make this delicious and easy soup.
I had cooked chicken in the fridge so I made everything else in the slow cooker and then added the chicken just before serving to warm. Alternately you can use fresh chicken and put it in at the beginning.
Have fun with it, let the kids create words, and get a little messy. Your dinner hour will be so much more enjoyable!!!
Everyone loved gobbling this soup up. It was a good quick NOSH!!! I hope you try this too and love it as much as we did, ENJOY!!!
- 2-900 ml sodium-reduced chicken broth
- 1 lb. cooked chicken
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 2 medium bay leaves
- 1 tsp. thyme
- 1/2 tsp. celery seeds
- 1/2 cup uncooked alphabet pasta
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh parsley for garnish
- Add all the ingredients to a slow cooker except the chicken, pasta, and salt and pepper.
- Cook on low for 5-6 hours, won't hurt it if it goes for 8 hours.
- Half an hour before serving add the chicken and bring back up to a simmer on high.
- Add the pasta for the last 20 min. Remove the bay leaves and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper.
- Serve with fresh parsley for garnish.
- If storing the soup refrigerated, the pasta will absorb a lot of the broth so you may need to add more to serve again this next day.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 214Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 77mgSodium: 1296mgCarbohydrates: 8gFiber: 1gSugar: 3gProtein: 21g
Recipe calculation was provided by Nutritionix and is estimation only. If you need nutritional calculations for medical reasons, please use a source that you trust.
Recipe adapted from Food.com