This Cheesy Bread is so amazing, the best I have ever had!! It goes great with gameday fare, soups, stews, pasta and more!! It is true comfort food! It has all the cheese you would want and more!! The cheeses are mixed up with mayo, sour cream, butter, herb paste and garlic! Slathering it on a big French loaf and then sliding it under the broiler gets it all melty and scrumptious. This is best served hot out of the oven immediately.
This is kind of a cross between cheese bread, pizza and garlic bread. You have the best of all the worlds!! Have a big crowd coming over? Be sure to serve them Cheesy Bread from simple fare to fancy. Everyone will love it!!
The mixture of cheese and butter/mayo etc. can be made ahead of time and at the ready for a quick spread and go! Just then run it under the broiler and serve!
You will have lots of hungry takers for this recipe so just send them on over here to get it!! This would be a great game day recipe too with a big bowl of chili, yum!! Dunk, dunk, love!!
Rush out and get the ingredients to make this for the weekend. You will be happy you did!! And so will everyone else!!
- 8 oz. mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1 lb. old cheddar, grated
- ½ cup light mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp. light sour cream
- ½ tsp. garlic paste or 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp. Italian herb paste, or finely chopped herbs of choice
- ½ cup butter, softened to almost melting
- 1 large French loaf
- In a large bowl mix together the cheeses. In another medium sized bowl mix together the mayonnaise, sour cream and herb paste. Mix the butter and garlic together and then add to the mayonnaise mixture. Add the mayonnaise/butter mixture now to the cheeses.
- Preheat broiler, slice loaf of bread in half horizontally. Place crust side down on a rimmed baking sheet. Divide the cheese mixture between the two halves and spread to cover.
- Broil until cheese is melted and starting to brown. Let sit for a minute, then slice and serve immediately.
Recipe adapted from Simple Recipes