Jeane Lassen and an Epic Pumpkin Cookie
I originally posted this recipe back in April I call it the Jeane Lassen and the Epic Pumpkin Cookie! She, unfortunately, had to pull out of the Olympics due to a back injury. It is now that time of year for a great pumpkin cookie. I hope you enjoy these this Fall!!
Jeane is one of our great Canadian athletes and is on track for her second Olympics this year in London, England for weight lifting. She is the daughter of my long-time dear friend Moira.
Jeane was visiting here a while back and I was, of course, baking up a storm and made these pumpkin cookies. I make these cookies every Thanksgiving.
Jeane had requested this recipe. It is one of three things that she is craving badly and would like to indulge in the second she is done her latest competition.
She has called them epic!! She is not alone in her love of this cookie. It is also my girlfriend Trisha’s favorite. They are not too sweet and very moist and cake-like. Great any time of year!!
- 1 cup each of; unsalted butter, softened, and sugar
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree, 1 egg, and 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. each baking soda, grated nutmeg & salt
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Cream butter and sugar until fluffy in a standup mixer with a paddle attachment.
- Add pumpkin, egg, and vanilla and mix well.
- in a separate bowl whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Add in stages to the pumpkin mixture as you continue to mix.
- Remove bowl from mixer and stir in raisins and nuts.
- Drop batter using a teaspoon onto Silpat or parchment paper-lined cookie sheets about 2 inches apart.
- Push the cookie down slightly with your fingers.
- Bake for 16-20 min. or until golden.
- Cool on a cooling rack.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 36 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 111Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 19mgSodium: 51mgCarbohydrates: 10gFiber: 1gSugar: 3gProtein: 2g
Recipe calculation was provided by Nutritionix and is estimation only. If you need nutritional calculations for medical reasons, please use a source that you trust.