Reindeer Cookies for #ChristmasWeek #Giveaway
Welcome to Day #2 of Christmas Week and I give you Reindeer Cookies. This is a multi-blogger event co-hosted by Kim of Cravings of a Lunatic and Jen from Juanita’s Cocina! Each day we will be celebrating the holidays with a different set of Christmas-themed treats, as well as a fabulous Christmas giveaway. We hope you enjoy this fabulous event. Tune in each day from Monday, December 9th to Saturday, December 14th.
When I signed up for today I knew that I wanted to do reindeer cookies but I wasn’t sure which ones. I think the ones with the pretzel antlers are so adorable too but I finally decided on these little cuties!!
I saw a great picture of these cookies that my girlfriend Jill had shared on her FB page. They are upside down gingerbread men and I thought they were so cute. I little finicky to make but no more than a gingerbread man.
Some I did with eyebrows, some not, and some of them have their eyebrows hidden by the holly. The ones with eyebrows give off a little attitude. Snarky little reindeer!!!
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp. ground cloves
- 1/2 tsp. grated or ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- White tube icing
- Red tube icing
- Green tube icing
- Black tube icing
- Red m & m's or smarties
- Candy eyes
- In a large bowl of a stand-up mixer with a paddle attachment add all the ingredients and mix well together (I know that is weird but it works just fine, everyone in the pool!!)
- Transfer dough to plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator for at least one hour.
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease cookie sheets and set them aside. On a lightly floured surface and working with half the dough roll out to 1/4" thick. With floured cookie cutters cut out gingerbread men and lay carefully onto the prepared sheets.
- Reform dough into a ball and continue to roll out and cut out gingerbread men. Carefully bend arms and legs towards the head, making the arms into ears and the legs into antlers.
- Bake 8 min. until lightly browned. Remove from pan and let cool on racks.
- With the gingerbread men turned upside down create antlers out of the white icing. Place two white dots for eyes and place black dots on the candy eyes. Create eyebrows if using over the eyes in white. With the black icing make a mouth. The green and a leaf tip create holly leaves. The red create holly berries and a nose. Place the M&M on the red icing for the nose. Let cookies dry overnight.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 78Total Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 9mgSodium: 73mgCarbohydrates: 12gFiber: 0gSugar: 8gProtein: 1g
Recipe calculation was provided by Nutritionix and is estimation only. If you need nutritional calculations for medical reasons, please use a source that you trust.
Recipe adapted from Reader’s Digest.ca
Here are More for You!
Visit all the other Christmas Week Peeps for more Holiday Baking Goodness:
- Peppermint Hot Chocolate with Peppermint Wands by Cravings of a Lunatic
- Chewy Brownies by Juanita’s Cocina
- Chocolate-Peppermint Puff Pastry Bites by The Weekend Gourmet
- Pomegranate Margaritas by Dinners, Dishes, and Deserts
- Gingerbread Cheesecake Cupcakes by Chocolate Moosey
- Gingerbread Whoopie Pies with Maple Poached Pears and Maple Buttercream by Pineapple and Coconut
- Cranberry Bliss Bars by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Reindeer Cookies by Noshing With The Nolands
- Mo’s Easy Homemade Eggnog by Food Lust People Love
- Spiced Madeleines by The Dutch Baker’s Daughter
- Flourless Nutella Marshmallow Cloud Cookie Cups by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Pear and Dried Cranberry Baked Custard by See Aimee Cook
- Bacon Bark by Cooking In Stilettos
- Snowflake Cake by Dizzy Busy and Hungry
- Gingerbread Sugar Cookies by Rants From My Crazy Kitchen
- Peanut Butter Cup Cookies by Try Anything Once Culinary
- Hot Chocolate Biscotti by Home Cooking Memories
Now for prizes, loooooove prizes!!!
Today’s #ChristmasWeek giveaway comes courtesy of Le Creuset. Respect for tradition and authenticity has been Le Creuset’s guiding principle since 1925, and their kitchen and cook ware is known internationally.
Le Creuset’s Revolution Utensil Set is available in six different colors, and it represents the next generation of functional innovations in the kitchen. Developed with chefs and culinary enthusiasts in mind, each utensil features a task-defined blade made from premium silicone, as well as a carefully crafted wood handle engineered to improve grip for a variety of kitchen tasks. The set includes one of each of the following: utensil crock, small spatula, medium spatula, spatula spoon, basting brush, jar scraper. To enter, read the details and use the Rafflecopter below!
***This giveaway is for one Le Creuset Revolution Utensil Set (winner’s choice of color)! This giveaway is open to Continental US residents only . When the contest concludes, the winner will be chosen by random draw. The winner will be notified through e-mail and they will have 3 days to respond or another winner will be chosen.***