Cranberry Pistachio Biscotti
Welcome to Day #3 of Christmas Week, a multi-blogger event co-hosted by Kim of Cravings of a Lunatic and Jen from Juanita’s Cocina! Each day we will be celebrating the holidays with a different set of Christmas-themed treats, as well as a fabulous Christmas giveaway.
We hope you enjoy this fabulous event. Tune in each day from Monday, December 9th, and ending on Saturday, December 14th.
Biscotti is an elegant treat at Christmas time. One that mainly adults like to indulge in with a nice hot coffee. Biscotti can be eaten at any time of day too, from breakfast to dessert.
It makes for a pretty presentation on a cookie tray or all by itself.
With a little snack of leftover cranberries and pistachios, it makes the biscotti even better!!!
- 1/4 cup light olive oil
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp. almond extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 3/4 cup flour
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- 3/4 cup shelled pistachios, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup shaved white chocolate
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and preheat the oven to 300F.
- In a large bowl of a standup mixer with a paddle attachment add the oil and sugar and mix well. Add in the extracts and eggs and again mix well.
- In another bowl, whisk together your dry ingredients, flour, salt, and baking powder. Add it to the sugar, oil mixture and continue to mix until well blended. Add the cranberries and pistachio and mix well, the dough will be stiff.
- Divide dough in half and make into two logs about 9x3" on the parchment paper. The dough can be handled much easier with wet hands so that it doesn't stick.
- Bake for 30-40 min. or until very light brown. Let cool for 10 min. and then carefully cut into 3/4" slices with a serrated knife.
- Turn the cookies onto their sides on the same parchment paper and bake for 10-12 min. or until golden and cooked through. Let cool on racks.
- Once cool, melt chocolate and pour into a plastic icing bag, cut off a small amount from the tip of the bag. Drizzle each biscotti with the melted chocolate.
- The recipe can be easily doubled and they freeze well.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 80Total Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 11mgSodium: 36mgCarbohydrates: 13gFiber: 0gSugar: 8gProtein: 1g
Recipe calculation was provided by Nutritionix and is estimation only. If you need nutritional calculations for medical reasons, please use a source that you trust.
Recipe adapted from A Family Feast
Visit all the other Christmas Week Peeps for more Holiday Baking Goodness:
- Ginger Bears by Cravings of a Lunatic
- Santa’s Favorite Holiday Bark by The Weekend Gourmet
- Gingerbread Linzer Cookies by Chocolate Moosey
- Gingerbread Bread Pudding with Salted Caramel Sauce by See Aimee Cook
- Bourbon Barrels by The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Cranberry Pistachio Biscotti by Noshing With The Nolands
- Wine Poached Pear and Almond Rugelach by The Little Ferraro Kitchen
- Bebinca – Layered Goan Cake by Masala Herb
- Artichoke Dip Tarts by Food Lust People Love
- Layered Chocolate Peanut Butter Fudge by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Peanut Brittle by Frugal Antics of a Harried Homemaker
- Peppermint Chocolate Cupcakes by The Dutch Baker’s Daughter
- Chocolate Dipped Baked Potato Chips by Dizzy Busy and Hungry
- Chocolate Hazelnut Cupcakes with Nutella Frosting by Rants From My Crazy Kitchen
- Chocolate Chip Collapsidies by Try Anything Once Culinary
Now onto the giveaway, who doesn’t love prizes!!!
Today’s #ChristmasWeek giveaway comes courtesy of Freund Container & Supply. Freund Container & Supply has been helping build businesses since 1938 as the largest distributor of glass bottles, containers, and wholesale packaging supplies online. Freund offers over 5,000 items in stock every day, 98% same day shipping, and low-price guarantees. Take a look at Freund’s wide selection of jars, tins, bottles, and vials for all your crafting and food-related needs! To enter to win one of FIVE different Freund gift certificates, read the details and use the Rafflecopter below!
***This giveaway is for five (individually awarded) $100 gift certificates to Freund Container & Supply. Gift certificate is a one-time use certificate and must be used in its entirety; any leftover monies on the gift certificate will be forfeited. This giveaway is open to both US and Canadian residents. However, it should be noted that due to current International shipping rates, any Canadian winners will pay higher shipping costs for orders. ***
***Disclaimer: This giveaway is being provided by Freund Container & Supply. #ChristmasWeek bloggers have not received product or been compensated as a part of this giveaway.***