Peanut Brittle for #ChristmasWeek #Freund
Each day we will be celebrating the holidays with a different set of Christmas-themed treats, as well as a fabulous Christmas giveaway. We hope you enjoy this fabulous event. Tune in each day starting Monday, December 9th, and ending Saturday, December 14th.
Today’s recipe is super easy but you might have to test it once to see how your microwave is. I have made this in at least three different microwaves and it has turned out each time, but once, see the story below! Super easy and addictive peanut brittle!! I had to package it up quickly or I would have eaten it all!!
I have to share with you a funny story about making this brittle, many years ago now I had some surgery. Serious enough that I was put under and then sent home on lots of pain meds.
Leave it to me not to take the day off and just rest, oh no, I wanted to make peanut brittle. I didn’t want to eat it, just make it. So off I staggered in my stupor to create this. I pulled out a plastic bowl (never do this) and put together the recipe and started nuking it. Well, you guessed it the whole thing was molten lava inside my microwave!!
Did that stop me, oh no!! More determined than ever and now out of ingredients I send Ken to the store. I made that peanut brittle and it turned out great in the end.
The moral of the story don’t try and do anything in the kitchen after general anesthetic and on narcotics, not a good situation. I did settle down after that and rested quietly on the couch. Poor Ken, not even a break when I have surgery!! LOL
You know peanut brittle, crunchy, slightly salty, sweet and leaves you wanting more!!
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup white corn syrup
- 1 1/2 cups salted peanuts
- 1 tsp. butter
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- Cooking spray
- Spray a rimmed cookie sheet with cooking spray and set it aside.
- In a 2 L (2 quart) glass bowl stir together sugar and corn syrup with a wooden spoon until mixed well. Microwave on high or 100% for 6-8 minutes until syrup is pale yellow. Keep a close eye on it!!
- Carefully remove the bowl from the microwave, the syrup is very hot. Stir in the peanuts and mix well.
- Microwave for 1-2 min. more or until golden in color. Immediately add the butter, vanilla, and baking soda and stir until foamy.
- Quickly pour onto the prepared cookie sheet and spread evenly.
- Cool and break into pieces.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 324Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 1mgSodium: 287mgCarbohydrates: 47gFiber: 2gSugar: 43gProtein: 7g
Recipe calculation was provided by Nutritionix and is estimation only. If you need nutritional calculations for medical reasons, please use a source that you trust.
Visit all the other Christmas Week Peeps for more Holiday Baking Goodness:
- Christmas Fudge by Cravings of a Lunatic
- Peanut Butter Cup Fudge by Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts
- Peppermint Mocha Tart by See Aimee Cook
- Peanut Brittle by Noshing With The Nolands
- Spiced Cranberry Holiday Margaritas by Pineapple and Coconut
- Turtle Bark by The Girl In The little Red Kitchen
- Mexican Spiced Hot Chocolate by My Catholic Kitchen
- Pomegranate-Ginger Champagne Cocktail by The Little Ferraro Kitchen
- Kletzenbrot – Christmas Fruit Bread from Tyrol by Masala Herb
- Spiked Butterscotch Hot Chocolate by Dizzy Busy and Hungry
- Frozen Mint Cookie Pie by The Messy Baker
- Stuffed Nut Roll Cookies by Rants From My Crazy Kitchen
- Irish Cream Tiramisu by Cooking In Stilettos
- Lemon Sandwich Cookies by Try Anything Once Culinary
- Orange Creamsicle Fudge by Home Cooking Memories
- Stained Glass Window Cookies by Like Mother Like Daughter
- Eggnog and Cranberry Thumbprints by The Dutch Baker’s Daughter
Today’s #ChristmasWeek giveaway comes courtesy of Freund Container & Supply. Freund Container & Supply has been helping build businesses since 1938 as the largest distributor of glass bottles, containers, and wholesale packaging supplies online. Freund offers over 5,000 items in stock every day, 98% same day shipping, and low-price guarantees. Take a look at Freund’s wide selection of jars, tins, bottles, and vials for all your crafting and food-related needs!
Today’s winner will receive one $250 Freund gift certificate, as well as one copy of “The Pioneer Woman Cooks: A Year of Holidays”. To enter, read the details and use the Rafflecopter below!
***This giveaway is for one $250 gift certificate to Freund Container & Supply, as well as one copy of “The Pioneer Woman Cooks: A Year of Holidays”. Gift certificate is a one-time use certificate and must be used in its entirety; any leftover monies on the gift certificate will be forfeited. This giveaway is open to both US and Canadian residents. However, it should be noted that due to current International shipping rates, any Canadian winners will pay higher shipping costs for orders. ***
***Disclaimer: This gift certificate is being provided by Freund Container & Supply, while the cookbook has been provided by Juanita’s Cocina. #ChristmasWeek bloggers have not received product or been compensated as a part of this giveaway.***