I originally saw this recipe and put it up for my Mouth Watering Mondays post. I thought these would be great for Halloween too! The original recipe was on A Chow Life and she had adapted it from ReadyMade Magazine. I wanted to make a big batch so I doubled the recipe. I also wanted to play on that orange and black theme for Halloween so I added black sesame seeds. They are delicious and I can’t wait to serve them at Halloween. I usually make a homemade cracker or bread for Halloween so this year they are hiding nicely in the freezer with the rest of my goodies. Try some you will love them. Careful it does make a lot!!
- 16 oz. old cheddar cheese, grated
- ½ cup butter at room temperature
- 1 tsp. Kosher salt
- 2 cups flour
- 1 Tbsp. black sesame seeds
- 2 Tbsp. ice water
- In a standup mixer with a paddle attachment mix cheese, butter and salt together. Slowly add in flour, the mixture will be crumbly. Add the sesame seeds. Slowly add the ice water so the mixture will form a ball, adding more if needed.
- Cover the ball with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least one hour. Preheat oven to 375F. and line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Divide the ball into fours and working with a quarter at a time (you can return the unused portions back to the fridge) roll out thinly to ⅛" inch and a rectangle approx. 10x12". Using a pizza roller or sharp knife cut into 1" squares.
- Place the squares on the prepared baking sheets and bake for 10-15 min. Careful not to burn. They should be just golden and puffy.
Recipe adapted from A Chow Life and ReadyMade Magazine