Herb Roasted Cashews
It is Grab Some Nuts Day today and myself and a group of bloggers are getting nutty!! I thought I would do something sweet but then thought of my huge herb potted garden I have on the deck and came up with Herb Roasted Cashews.
I have made roasted nuts like this before and love to serve them as part of an appetizer for company. Nothing could be simpler, really. All of us in this family are crazy about nuts.
My mother really liked cashews and I find them a classy nut. I was able to find them raw, unroasted and unsalted so that was perfect for what I wanted!!
In our grocery store there is a nice selection of nuts and fresh made nut butters. I like to give nuts as gifts also, of course making sure there is no allergies!!
The rosemary and thyme are a perfect combination for cashew nuts. Coating them with good quality olive oil and a small amount of Kosher salt adds to the over all enjoyment of snacking on these delightful nuts.
- 375 gms 13 oz. raw cashews
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 tsp. fresh thyme, chopped
- Fresh black pepper to taste
- 1 tsp. Kosher salt
- Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl. Toss well and spread onto a rimmed baking sheet. Bake at 375F for 10-12 min. until lightly browned.
Be sure to visit all the other Nutty Participants for Grab Some Nuts Day:
- How to Toast your Nuts by Cravings of a Lunatic
- Flourless Peanut Butter Walnut Brownie Cookies by It’s Yummi
- Nutty Chocolate Chip Brownies by Roxana’s Home Baking
- Salted Caramel Peanut Pie by Hungry Couple
- Pistachio Cream Cheese French Toast by Baking in a Tornado
- Dark Chocolate Chip + Hazelnut Cookies by Spiced
- Peanut Butter Martini Mousse by Cooking in Stilettos
- Classic Peanut Butter Cookies by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Cashew and Pistachio Truffles by Culinary Ginger
- Chocolate Bourbon Pecan Pie by Kelli’s Kitchen
- Bourbon Pecan Pie for One by The Spiffy Cookie
- Herb Roasted Cashews by Noshing with the Nolands