Acorn Squash With Cinnamon and Cranberries
I am excited about this week’s theme of Squashin’ Winter!! We love squash any which way!!! I also don’t think to cook it enough maybe because I need lots of really good recipes. Well, #SundaySupper has really helped out with that!!
It didn’t take me long to think of what I wanted to do with squash though this week. This Acorn Squash With Cinnamon and Cranberries was just the thing! I just had to think back to a couple of weeks ago when we were invited to our dear friends’ home for Thanksgiving dinner.
My family loved every morsel of food that I consumed that night!! I longingly thought back at the amazing acorn squash that my girlfriend Nan had made.
This is my favorite way to have them but I have never had them with cranberries and I haven’t had acorn squash forever and I adore it!!!
This recipe is so simple and lets the squash shine!!
It is also so festive looking with amazing colors!!
Although this recipe is great for a special occasion it so easy for any night. Bump up your everyday meals to another level with this delicious squash recipe. Your family will love you for it. ENJOY!!
- 1 Acorn squash
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 2 Tbsp. brown sugar
- Cranberries, fresh or frozen
- Preheat oven to 350F. Wash and slice acorn squash in half, remove the seeds, and scrape clean.
- Slice off a small amount on the underside if needed to have the squash sit properly. Poke holes in the flesh with a fork.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon, add 1 Tbsp butter and 1 Tbsp. brown sugar to each half.
- Add about a dozen cranberries to each half. Wrap the halves individually and tightly with foil.
- Repeat with more squash if needed. If you have a large amount of other food, reserve 1/4 squash per person if less than 1/3 per person.
- Bake for 1 hour until the squash is very tender.
- Carefully unwrap the foil and slice each half in thirds or quarters and divide cranberries among each slice.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 77Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 10mgSodium: 33mgCarbohydrates: 11gFiber: 2gSugar: 4gProtein: 1g
Recipe calculation was provided by Nutritionix and is estimation only. If you need nutritional calculations for medical reasons, please use a source that you trust
I am lovin’ this Squashin’ Winter theme this week and so will you with all of these amazing recipes!!
Breakfasts and Bread
- Maple Butternut Squash Donuts from Mess Makes Food
- Pumpkin Sweet Rolls from Basic N Delicious
- Vegan Pumpkin Scones with Maple Nutmeg Icing from Killer Bunnies, Inc
Appetizers, Starters, and Condiments
- Butternut Squash and Couscous Patties-Indian Inspired from Soni’s Food
- Pumpkin Hummus with Spiced Lamb from girlichef
- Quick Pumpkin Butter from Shockingly Delicious
Soups, Sandwiches, and Salads
- Black Bean and Butternut Squash Chili from Supper for a Steal
- Black Bean Pumpkin Soup from What Smells So Good?
- Butternut Squash Soup from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Hearty Quinoa Chicken Stew with Butternut Squash from Citronlimette
- Roasted Buttercup Squash and Black Bean Soup (Dairy free) from The Not So Cheesy Kitchen
- Roasted Butternut Squash and Vegetable Soup from Kudos Kitchen By Renee
- Roasted Squash and Mexican Black Bean Salad from Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Roasted Squash and Sesame Noodle Salad from Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Butternut Squash and Spinach Quesadillas from The Dinner-Mom
- Butternut Squash Gnocchi with Balsamic Brown Butter from Crazy Foodie Stunts
- Butternut Squash Lasagna from Hip Foodie Mom
- Butternut Squash-Sage Cream Sauce with Sausage Spaghetti from Daily Dish Recipes
- Carnival Squash with Maple Sausage Stuffing from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Butternut Squash with Spicy Wild Rice and Queso Fresco from Vintage Kitchen Notes
- Pumpkin Alfredo from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Pumpkin Enchiladas from La Cocina de Leslie
- Pumpkin Risotto with Bacon, Goat Cheese, and Pecans from The Weekend Gourmet
- Acorn Squash with Cinnamon and Cranberries from Noshing With The Nolands
- Butternut Squash and Apple Crumble from The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Butternut Squash Gratin with Sage Pesto & Gorgonzola from Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Pumpkin Macaroni and Cheese from Big Bear’s Wife
- Roasted Butternut Squash with Balsamic Vinegar Honey Butter from Food Lust People Love
- Roasted Butternut Squash with Wilted Kale, Mushrooms and Garlic from Take a Bite Out of Boca
- Skillet Buttercup Squash with Bacon from Magnolia Days
- Slow Cooker Squash and Apples from Mama’s Blissful Bites
- Sweet N Spicy Baked Chipotle Butternut Squash Fries from Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- Twice Baked Pumpkin Stuffed Sweet Potatoes from Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Butternut Squash Cupcakes with Browned Butter Frosting from Treats & Trinkets
- Pumpkin Pie Crumb Bars from Pies and Plots
Wine Pairing Recommendations for Squashin’ Winter #SundaySupper from Enofylz Wine Blog
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. Check out our #SundaySupper Pinterest board for more fabulous recipes and food photos.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.