Asian Skillet Stir Fry
I love great Asian food but take out can be so expensive and then there is the MSG issue that is in so many Asian dishes. Why not make it at home? Don’t have a wok, no problem you can make this Asian Skillet Stir Fry in a gorgeous Circulon Skillet just as easily!! Plus look at all the wonderfully healthy veggies you can add to this gorgeous dish and it is also a one-pot meal, so easy!!
We have been looking for a great non-stick pan for our new induction cooktop and I was more than thrilled when Circulon asked if I wanted to test drive a couple. Ken uses a skillet almost every morning to do his eggs and he is completely in love with these Circulon skillets. So easy to use and they clean up like a dream. I also love their cheery red color, which makes me excited to use them.
Circulon skillets feature:
- 3-Layer Total Non-Stick System
- Metal Utensil Safe
- Suitable For All Stovetops
- Dishwasher Safe
- Oven Safe to 400°F/200°C
- PFOA, Lead and Cadmium Free
- Beautiful Red Silicone Polyester Exterior
This recipe turned out so fantastic in our large 12″ Circulon pan, the sauce is slightly spicy, the veggies just tender-crisp, the chicken full of flavor and crispy. Plus I love an added crunch from a nut like cashews in Asian food, just perfect!!
- 2 chicken breast, cubed
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 6 cups Asian veggies, celery, mini bok choy, red pepper, mushrooms, snap peas, carrots, chopped
- 1 cup salted cashews
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 3/4 tsp. garlic salt
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- 1/4 tsp. ginger
- Freshly ground pepper
Spicy Ginger Sauce
- 1/2 cup chicken bouillon
- 2 tsp. cornstarch
- 1 Tbsp. rice wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. low sodium soy sauce (GF if needed)
- 2 Tbsp. oyster sauce
- 2 tsp. ginger paste
- 2 tsp. Sriracha
- Drizzle sesame oil
- 2 tsp. sugar
- Salt to taste
- Rice, optional
- In a plastic zip bag add the light breading ingredients and toss in the chicken. Remove to a sifter and shake off excess cornstarch mixture.
- In a large 12" Circulon skillet, heat the canola oil until hot over medium-high heat, add the chicken and fry quickly until golden and cooked through.
- Meanwhile, make the sauce by whisking together the ingredients and set aside.
- When the chicken is done remove it to a paper towel-lined plate. Drain off most of the oil leaving about 1 1/2 Tbsp. Heat up the pan again over medium-high heat. Stir fry the veggies until just tender-crisp. Add the chicken back into the skillet along with the cashews. Stir in the sauce, continue to stir and heat until thickened. Serve immediately with rice if desired.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 802Total Fat: 52gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 43gCholesterol: 53mgSodium: 4111mgCarbohydrates: 57gFiber: 9gSugar: 14gProtein: 32g
Recipe calculation was provided by Nutritionix and is estimation only. If you need nutritional calculations for medical reasons, please use a source that you trust.
And now the best part is that you can have two gorgeous skillets from Circulon also, as they are giving away a 10″ and a 12″ to one lucky winner. Residents of Canada only. The giveaway will be ending on December 22nd, 2015 at 12:00 am. At that time a random winner will be selected and you will have 48 hours to answer an email or a new winner will be selected. Good luck everyone!!