Baby Shower Popcorn
We welcomed another wee bundle of joy into our neighborhood this past weekend!! Another little girl. I cohosted with a neighbor and did the dessert table. I made Baby Shower Popcorn, little glasses out of mason jars with ribbons and buttons (cute as a button) for water and lemonade. In addition, I did candy-coated strawberries in pink, green and yellow.
Actually our theme was those three colors. I also did vanilla cupcakes with a buttercream frosting. Little sugar cookies in the shape on onesies for people to take home. Funfetti cookies, so yummy and cute. And lastly was the candy-coated tri-colored popcorn which seemed to be the hit.
Lots of people requested that recipe so this is the one that I will share with you. It was easy because I had Ken helping me, not only is he the pie guy but also the candy man!!! Here it is.
Baby Shower Popcorn
pink, green and yellow.
The color theme of our latest baby shower was pink, green and yellow. This amazing candy-coated tri-colored popcorn was a huge hit!
- 8 quarts of popped popcorn, divided into three
- 3 cups of sugar
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 4 1/2 Tbsp. butter
- 1 1/2 tsp. salt
- 3/4 tsp. cream of tartar
- 3 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. each of your desired flavoring (I used coconut, maple, and almond)
- red, yellow and green food coloring
- Divide ingredients into thirds
- To a saucepan add 1 cup sugar, 1/3 cup corn syrup, 1 1/2 Tbsp. butter, 1/2 tsp. salt, 1/4 tsp. cream of tartar. Stir to combine and continue to stir until the mixture reaches a boil.
- Cook to about 235F without stirring, don’t let the mixture start to change color.
- Remove from heat and let the mixture stop boiling, add your desired flavoring and color.
- Add baking soda and stir, quickly add to 1/3 of the popcorn and mix gently with a wooden spoon to coat popcorn.
- Spread out onto a greased cookie sheet. Break into pieces when cooled.
- Repeat twice more adding different colors and flavors.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 16 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 322Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 2gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 9mgSodium: 614mgCarbohydrates: 63gFiber: 2gSugar: 54gProtein: 1g
Recipe calculation was provided by Nutritionix and is estimation only. If you need nutritional calculations for medical reasons, please use a source that you trust.
Comments & Reviews
kari colpitts says
The table looked stunning and the flavors matched. It was such an awe inspiring spread and every bite was a little piece of heaven. So fitting for the occasion.
Noshing with the Nolands says
Ah, you are so sweet, thanks Kari!!