Best Ever Bruschetta
I made this a little bit ago and Ken and Amber raved about it and called it Best Ever Bruschetta! They couldn’t get enough. Ken said it was restaurant quality. I was really happy with it too. It had so many layers of flavors and full robust garlic too!! The added red pepper and sundried tomatoes added so much more color.
Here are a couple of tips. When I mention parmesan cheese in any recipe I always, always use Parmigiano Reggiano, it is “the undisputed king of cheeses”, at least when you are cooking Italian food!
If I mention olive oil I always use extra virgin but I do a buy a less expensive one for everyday cooking and an expensive one used for drizzling and where the taste of the olive oil is really important, like in this recipe.
If you love bruschetta you have to try this one!!!
- 3 tomatoes, diced
- 2 Tbsp. sweet white onion, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 roasted red pepper, jarred or freshly roasted and peeled and seeded
- 1/4 cup sundried cherry or regular tomatoes in oil
- 1/4 cup fresh basil
- 1 Tbsp. fresh oregano
- 1/4 cup parmesan, grated
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp. balsamic vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
- Baguette, sliced and brushed with olive oil and toasted
- Dice roasted pepper, sundried tomatoes, basil, and oregano.
- Fold in all the other ingredients except the bread of course and refrigerate to let the flavors meld.
- Bring back to room temperature before serving on the toasted baguette. So very good!!
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 84Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 1mgSodium: 136mgCarbohydrates: 11gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 2g