I really wanted to participate in this week’s #SundaySupper. Who doesn’t like BBQ food or anything associated with it. YUM!!! I also have wanted to try bison for a long time and thought this was the perfect opportunity. This is our Canada Day long weekend and Bison would be a great way to celebrate.
Hmmm, what to do with it??? First off I had to find it and failed on my first visit to the organic market in our neighborhood. They said to try back the next day to see if they had received a shipment. The next day was successful and I picked up two Bison rib eyes. Bison is an expensive choice for a large piece of meat, especially from the organic market but I didn’t know anywhere else to get it. I decided on Bison Kebabs, as you can stretch a small piece of meat into many skewers. Kebabs are a summertime treat in this household. We all love them!!
Then I thought I would marinate the bison to give it extra flavor. Ken is the grill master in this house, so off he went to grill them to perfection.
The bison was medium rare, spiced right and delicious. I served them over a bed of brown rice that was cooked in chicken broth for extra flavor. I hope you try these this summer. ENJOY!!
- ½ lb. bison rib eye steaks, cut into small chunks
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp. Epicure Garlic and Herb Dip mix (or something similar)
- 1 garlic scape, chopped (or large clove of garlic, minced)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ½ large yellow pepper, cut into chunks
- ½ large red pepper, cut into chunks
- ½ red onion, cut into chunks
- 15 mushroom, sliced in half
- In a plastic zip bag add the bison, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, garlic and herb dip mix, garlic scape and salt and pepper to taste. Seal bag and shake, massage in the bison. Let marinade for 2-24 hours.
- When ready to grill heat BBQ to medium and skewer on the bison first followed by the yellow pepper, red onion, mushroom, repeat alternating the red and yellow peppers until your skewers are full.
- Grill for 10-12 min. or until bison is medium rare.
Look at all the scrumptious recipes that await you here. So many to try all summer long!!
Hot Off the Grill:
- Best Grilled Pork Chops by Hezzi-D’s Books & Cooks
- Bleu Cheese Burgers by Juanita’s Cocina
- Korean Grilled Flank Steak by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Swedish Blonde Burgers by Eat, Move, Shine
- Hawaiian Hot Dogs by La Cocina De Leslie
- BBQing the Whole Hog, Cuban Style by Webicurean
- Meat Stuffed Jalapenos by The Urban Mrs
- St. Louis Ribs by Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Fish Kebabs with Mint Chutney by Soni’s Food
- Jalapeno Bacon Burgers by Cookin’ Mimi
- Cheddar Cheese Stuffed Bacon Burgers by In the Kitchen with KP
- Curried Pork Sliders with Peanut Sauce & Apple Slaw by Foxes Love Lemons
- Grilled Prosciutto Wrapped Chicken Breasts by Sustainable Dad
- Ditch Dogs by Daily Dish Recipes
- Bison Kabobs by Noshing With The Nolands
On the Side:
- Spicy Baked Beans by The Messy Baker
- Wisconsin Roasted Corn by Curious Cuisiniere
- German Potato Salad by The Foodie Army Wife
- Grilled Baby Potatoes With Peppers And Onions by Kudos Kitchen by Renee
- Sausage Potato Salad by girlichef
- Lightened Up Fully Loaded Baked Potato Salad by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Homemade Mustards by A Stack of Dishes
- Spicy Grilled Corn Salad by Magnolia Days
- Layered California Pasta Salad by The Weekend Gourmet
- Grilled Potato Salad by In Fine Balance
- Spicy Bacon and Corn Salad by Hip Foodie Mom
- Three Corns with Japanese Accents by Ninja Baking
- Cucumber Bruschetta by Healthy. Delicious.
- Grilled Zucchini by Supper for a Steal
- Chicken Spinach & Pasta Salad by Family Foodie
- Red, White & Blue Parfait by Country Girl in the Village
- Root Beer Float Sandwich Cookies by Chocolate Moosey
- Gluten Free Brownies by Blueberries & Blessings
- Grilled Stone Fruit Parfait by Pescetarian Journal
- Blueberry Sorbet by Shockingly Delicious
- Strawberry Lemonade Cupcakes by The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen
- Tres Leches Cake by Happy Baking Days
- Beach Cupcakes by The Little Ferraro Kitchen
- Grilled Banana Dessert Bar by Home Cooking Memories
- Berries & Cream Pie by Treats & Trinkets
- Raspberry Lemonade Frozen Yogurt Pops by Runner’s Tales
- More S’mores by Growing Up Gabel
- Blackberry Peach Cobbler by Neighborfood
- Cornbread Cookies by Pies & Plots
- Funfetti Fluff Cheerio Treats by What Smells So Good?
- Pineapple Pudding by Granny’s Down Home Sassy Southern Cooking
In the Cooler: