Smoked Salmon and Cream Cheese Quiche for Canada Day
Smoked Salmon and Cream Cheese Quiche for Canada Day!! Over the next three days we will do a little Canada celebration, maybe not with your typical red and white themes but what is more Canadian than salmon. From the east coast of Canada to the rivers of BC and beyond we have SALMON and we love this fish.
Canada is a country that is very diversified and in celebrating that so is this quiche. Taking from a french background with the quiche theme but adding in something you don’t normally see, the ingredients to bagels and cream cheese, I discovered an awesome meal with this quiche. Quiche can be served for brunch, lunch or dinner so it is perfect for our Canada Day long weekend.
The smokey fish pairs so nicely with the creamy cheese. The capers add the right saltiness to the dish and the onions add a little pungent bite. Served with some fresh greens and a cold cucumber salad like this Finnish Cucumber Salad you have a great multi cultural feast!!
HAPPY CANADA DAY!! ENJOY!!!
- Frozen ready made pie crust, thawed per manufacturer's instructions
- 4 oz. smoked salmon, cut into small pieces
- ¼ of 8 oz. package of cream cheese, cubed
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup whole milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Red onion to garnish
- Carpers for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line the pie shell with parchment and prebake using pie weights or beans for 15 min. Remove the parchment and weights.
- Whisk together the eggs and milk. Add the salt and pepper to taste. Carefully fold in the salmon and cream cheese. Pour mixture into the prebaked pie shell.
- Bake for 30-40 min. until set and slightly browned on top. Cut into 6 servings and serve with capers, red onion and the Finnish cucumber salad.