Corned Beef and Cabbage is one of our absolute favorite meals. We have it every St. Patrick’s Day with a green beer. Amber said it was one of the best things she has ever eaten and trust me that kid can eat!!! This is a must for anyone wanting to celebrate this holiday!!!
An easier version of this is our Corned Beef and Cabbage – Slow Cooker version. Yum!!
We always have this with a green beer. Which is actually just Kens’ favorite beer with a few drops of green food coloring in it. We also usually have a specialty drink for the kids to celebrate the day too!
I buy the prepared corned beef and follow the directions on the package. After it is made we broil it with the fatter side up until just slightly browned and crispy. Slice it up and serve with some new potatoes and the cabbage recipe below. Happy St. Paddy’s Day!!
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 medium head of cabbage, cut into wedges
- 1/4-1/2 cup light cream
- Freshly ground pepper
- Melt butter in a large skillet.
- Add cabbage, cover and saute until slightly browned 4-5 min.
- Carefully turn over and brown the other side, 3-4 min.
- Add cream and heat until slightly thickened, 2 min.
- Sprinkle with the salt and pepper to taste. The cabbage turns so sweet cooking it this way.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 112Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 33mgSodium: 210mgCarbohydrates: 2gFiber: 0gSugar: 1gProtein: 1g
Recipe calculation was provided by Nutritionix and is estimation only. If you need nutritional calculations for medical reasons, please use a source that you trust.